Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Supernatural Books Based on the TV Show...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Byrd | 11 comments Has anyone read the Supernatural books based on the TV show? How were they? I'd like to start picking some up (ya know, to add to my tbr pile haha!) but am weird since the show is so good (most of the time).

TIA!

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments I didn't even know there were books based on the show. Let me know if you read them. I've read other books that they have based TV shows on and usually only enjoy the books.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Byrd | 11 comments I only found out a few months ago myself, but will definitely message you once I read them

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 386 comments I'm very tempted to start reading them too - saw them in a bookshop in London recently, but haven't picked any up yet.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Byrd | 11 comments I think I'll grab one and see. I'm intrigued and haven't read anything based on a show before. Books turned into movies and shows, yes.

Charlotte, if you read one before I do, will you comment back here, please?

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 386 comments Amanda wrote: "I think I'll grab one and see. I'm intrigued and haven't read anything based on a show before. Books turned into movies and shows, yes.

Charlotte, if you read one before I do, will you comment bac..."

Yes, of course.

message 7: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 14 comments I love Supernatural but haven't checked out the books, but I do really want to so i'll have to get on that! :) I haven't read anything based on a tv show either.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Byrd | 11 comments Currently sitting on the floor at Barnes & Noble flipping through the pages and reading some of the 3 they have. I'm really having a hard time. The books say when they're meant to be read, these are season 7, so I may give season 1 a try? They're all different authors, which kind of throws me off because of their styles. Will flip more and decide

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Byrd | 11 comments I got all 3. Will update as I read them.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Byrd | 11 comments how far I've gotten, but still giving all 3 a chance: A little pain so I've gotten nowhere near as far as hoped. So far, a lot of the things Dean and Sam say don't fit the show. As for what Bobby does, well he prefers Wild Turkey over Maker's Mark. Will update again closer to finish. I'm just having a hard time going from a great show to the books, is all

and if you want to follow me and be friends, just tap my name and follow. I'd love more friends!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Byrd | 11 comments READ ONE OF THEM! "Fresh Meat" by Alice Henderson. I can't imagine Dean, Sam, AND Bobby hiking in the snowy mountains. Can't lie, I yelled at the book a lot. Things like, "Sam would never say that", "Bobby curses a little more and is more sarcastic", and "Dean would never in his life say heck". I had a lot of issues with this one, but I did pick up 2 more. They're all by different authors. Only 1 author has written 7 of the books, the rest are different. I can't judge the series based on 1 book. About to start the second one now because I need to know if they're all a trainwreck. The story itself way pretty good, though. A creature called an Aswag and it's crazy strong and she definitely keeps you guessing about it. I won't say don't read them, I'll say give them a fair shot if you're interested.