What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > A romance between the owner of a community centre and a younger girl, who is running away from her stepfather.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blair (last edited Dec 27, 2017 09:09AM) (new)

Blair | 2 comments A romance between the owner of a community centre and a younger girl, who is running away from her stepfather.
She is found by the main character wearing a hoodie and searching for food in a dumpster close to the community centre. At first, she is mistaken for a boy. Then, he realizes that she is a small and thin redhead girl. She is sick, has injuries all over her body and is starving. He takes her to his house and take care of her.
She is a young, beautiful and fragile girl who lost her mother in a car accident, caused by her ambicious stepfather.
The male character is a great guy who used to live in the streets, but now he and his brothers are rich, though he keeps a very simple lifestyle, always trying to help others, using his career as an engineer to build houses to poor people.
Although he is very atraccted to her, his principles and good character keeps him away from her in the beginning. He convinces himself that he is only trying to help her. But, as the feelings start to grow in his heart, he falls for her and they start a relationship. The story is about their love and her revenge against her stepfather, who is responsible for her mother's death and for the atempt of killing her, in the persuit of her inheritance.
I don't remmember the name of the characters, nor the title of the book neither its author. But I know that the novel has some erotic content.
Please, if you know any information that can help me find it, share it! I'll be forever grateful!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When you say "Younger Girl" just how young are you talking?
When did you read it--last year, 5 years ago, 25 years ago?
Any memories of the cover?
When is it set--1920's, 1950's, 1990's, last month?
Where is it set--U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, Germany, France?
Is it set in a small town, city, large city?

message 3: by Blair (new)

Blair | 2 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "When you say "Younger Girl" just how young are you talking?
When did you read it--last year, 5 years ago, 25 years ago?
Any memories of the cover?
When is it set--1920's, 1950's, 1990's, last mont..."

She is twenty one years old, and he is in his thirties (thirty two, if I am not mistaken). I read the book last year, and it is a contemporary romance. I believe it has been published recently, but I am not a hundred per cent sure. Unfortunately, I don't recall any specific elements of the cover. I guess the city is not mentioned, but I have reasons to believe that the story is set in the United States of America. A fire in a factory called Rockefeller is mentioned by the main character, who is building houses for the victims of the tragedy. He is the engineer of the project.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Blair, are you still looking for this or did you find it?