2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Kathys 45 books in 2018

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments I have never set a goal to read a certain amount of books. I love to read but have found that unless one sets a goal, it is very easy to let life/TV etc get in the way. In 2017 I read 10 books and 2 of them have been in the last 2 weeks when I decided to shoot for around one book a week. I do want to read a few books that are really long, so I have decided to change my goal to 45 books. I have such a long list of books I want to read - mainly non-fiction and biography, but I enjoy fiction as well.

I have 4 books sitting on the table from the library right now so time to get started!

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Sounds good Kathy! Good luck & happy reading!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Good luck with your goal!

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments 3 books so far!

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments 3 books is a great start to the year Kathy keep up the great reads!

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Kathy wrote: "3 books so far!"

Nice!!
Which ones did you read and how did you like them?

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments I have read 6 books now. I am on target so far. (although I did cheat a bit by using a short story as a book. ) So - it was used as a short book!

1. I'll take You There - Greg Kot
This is a book about the life of Mavis Staples and the Staples singers.

2 Bartleby, the Schriver - H. Melville (the short story listed as a book) I would prefer not to!! (only understandable if you read the book /story).

3. Yes, Close to the Edge - Will Romano
A book about the progressive rock band Yes with a focus on their album called Close to the Edge.

4. The Naked Mind - Annie Grace
A book about getting control over alcohol for anyone who feels that they may have a problem with it. Uplifting and positive book.

5. Daring to Drive - Manal Al-Sharif
written by a woman activist in Saudi Arabia - thrown in a filthy prison for a few weeks because she was driving a car. The book details her life up until her current age of around 37.
A great reminder of how lucky I am to have the freedoms I have.

6. The Show that Never Ends - David Weigel
A book about various bands in the progressive rock genre - Heyday was late 60's until mid 70's.

I liked all of the books.

Next - Sticky Fingers - The Life and times of Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone Magazine.

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Kathy wrote: "I have read 6 books now. I am on target so far.... I liked all of the books. "

👍🏻👍🏻

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments 6 books down 39 to go! You are doing great.

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!