Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

From Walk-Up to High-Rise: Ottawa's Historic Apartment Buildings
This topic is about From Walk-Up to High-Rise
Book Cover Help > Please Add Cover

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bryan Rombough (cadmonkey) | 102 comments Here is a link to a scan of my copy of From Walk-Up to High-Rise: Ottawa's Historic Apartment Buildings: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4601/25...

message 2: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 3215 comments What is the ISBN for your copy?

Bryan Rombough (cadmonkey) | 102 comments Blody Hell.

It's the same book.

It's the same ISBN.

What is with you people and your nonsense about ISBNs?

When I requested that this book be added to your database, here, another "librarian" responded with a load of nonsense about ISBNs regarding the cover image which I provided a link to.

If you people want an ISBN with book cover submissions, you need to add that to your guidelines. Also, if publisher's websites are no longer an acceptable source for covers, you need to update your list of acceptable sources for covers and book data.

Why must you people make this so difficult? Is it because Amazon isn't selling it?

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
We expect all requests in this group to be courteous. And please keep in mind that Goodreads Librarians are volunteers, who give up their own time to help improve the Goodreads database. And who choose to respond to specific posts -- or not to do so.

Bryan wrote: "if publisher's websites are no longer an acceptable source for covers"

They still are. I'm not sure why you think they are not.

Bryan Rombough (cadmonkey) | 102 comments rivka wrote: "They still are. I'm not sure why you think they are not.

Because I submitted a book cover image from the publisher's website when I requested that this book be added to your database, in accordance with your guidelines, and had that rejected.

rivka wrote: "We expect all requests in this group to be courteous..."

You cannot expect me to not get upset when I repeatedly follow your own guidelines, only to be told that I have to jump through further hoops. If your librarian had accepted the cover image from the publisher yesterday, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

message 6: by Josie (new)

Josie King | 9 comments Please can the cover of my book be changed to:

http://shop.josiekingbooks.com/wp-con...

The book was never published with the cover I originally uploaded and it's misleading to people who find it on Goodreads and want to buy it.

The book is:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Even adding a new edition is not appropriate as it was never released with that cover. I didn't understand how goodreads worked in this area and I uploaded an image hastily. Please help with this so I can promote my book on Goodreads.

Kind regards

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Bryan wrote: "Because I submitted a book cover image from the publisher's website when I requested that this book be added to your database, in accordance with your guidelines, and had that rejected."

Because the publisher did not state an ISBN, so the librarian could not confirm it was the same edition.