AAPLD Reads discussion

Winter Reading 2017-2018 > Winter Reading 2017-2018

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana (booklover160) | 3 comments With the holidays pretty much over, it's time for this year's Winter Reading program! The program starts January 2nd and runs until February 28th, so there's plenty of time to sign up and read as much as you can!

I've already started thinking about my goals for my reading challenge next year. I want to read 50 books, like my goal was last year, but I want to try and read a variety of genres and reading levels. I tend to stick to YA or J fiction, but I want to read more adult books and throw in some nonfiction for good measure.

What kind of reading goals do you have for the new year? Our theme for Winter Reading is Game On, so maybe you can start the year off with a gaming themed book! Ready Player One is a great option for adults and Warcross was my favorite YA gaming themed book. There are many more out there for a whole variety of reading levels, so taking time to find the right book for you can be fun!

Happy New Year and have fun reading!

message 2: by Don (new)

Don Alesi | 3 comments This year I decided to focus on reading fewer books and read books that are much longer to read . I prefer nonfiction and Biographies. I have just begun read reading First Man. It's almost seven hundred pages long and it's about astronaut Neil Armstrong.
I do love the challenge.