The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Chat > What are you watching?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers Hey guys. I just started this topic because when I'm not reading or playing sports I'm normally watching Netflix. I just was wondering if anyone had good suggestions or just wanted to fangirl about what recently happened on their current favorite show they are watching because I know how it is to not have any friends to fangirl with. I watch a variety of things from teen drama like Pretty Little Liars and One Tree Hill, to crime shows like NCIS and Castle, to superhero shows like Arrow and the Iron Fist

message 2: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 38724 comments Mod
Isn't Tree Hill leaving Netflix or was it Gossip Girl?

message 3: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers I'm not sure. I wasn't aware either was leaving. I've finished One Tree Hill but I've never watched Gossip Girl

message 4: by JoAnne (new)

The last show I binged on - watching it on Discovery Go - was Alaska The Last Frontier. I'm all caught up - in the middle of season 7 currently on Sunday nights.
I need to catch up with GOT and Outlander.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Daughter and me (or and I? I never know what to use, please help!) are watching Supernatural, but soon we'll need something new but we don't know what

message 6: by JoAnne (new)

I always get rid of other person and then say it like - Sophia and I are going to the store. Get rid of - Sophia and - if it makes sense then you are saying it correctly .... I have noticed a lot of authors don't know that rule! LOL

Do you have SKY? I don't know how TV works in Austria. In Italy there's regular programming but we had SKY because we could listen in English and watch American and UK shows.

message 7: by JoAnne (new)

Sophia is watching "13 Reasons Why" again.

message 8: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers I know what it's like to just be watching your show and you look at the clock and it's way later than you thought Sarah.

My best friend loves Supernatural. Are you looking for other shows with supernatural elements? If so I like Vampire Diaries, Being Human and Charmed. Charmed is probably the most similar to Supernatural because they slay demons every episode.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, JoAnne! I try to remember. But it's not always for sure that the right thing sounds right for me :D

My parents have Sky (and my Mom binge-watched Game of Thrones). We don't even have a TV, when we want to see something we use Netflix, and for sports I want to see (mostly skiing) they do a live-stream.

Bailey, mostly we're looking for something we both can agree to. Almost impossible. Charmed, Vampire Diaries, Haven, something I forgot the name but liked the intro the kid didn't liked, with Being Human I tried the UK-version but after the pilot they changed the main-characters and that's something I couldn't stand, Doctor Who we loved until they ruined it, same with Misfits. I Zombie I didn't like, whe watched a lot of New Girl but usually this endless friends-to-lovers-comedies start to get boring for me. The kid don't like space-thingies like Star Trek or Farescape or something like that and most of this Netflix paranormal-productions are too dark or too thriller for my taste.. we're not easy XD

Maybe True Blood? But that's not for free I think..

message 10: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers I know how hard it is to try and find something you all want to watch together. Are there any like tv genres that you haven't tried that you want to or think might be able to get the family together?

message 11: by JoAnne (new)

Rosa wrote: "Thanks, JoAnne! I try to remember. But it's not always for sure that the right thing sounds right for me :D

My parents have Sky (and my Mom binge-watched Game of Thrones). We don't even have a TV,..."

True Blood depends on how much sex you let your daughter watch!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Bailey, I think it's that we're not really used to watch TV so we get bored real fast by the most things :D something will come up, and if not it's not a problem if we don't watch.. or we try to find some movie. (Only, with movies we have this: "what to watch" every time, with a series we can go on for a while :D)

JoAnne, thank you for your concern :) she's almost 16, so no problem there, she's too old for me to forbid her things like movies (but young enough to forbid her a piercing, thank god!) (and she watched 50 shades of gray.. I never saw or read it, but I don't think the vampires can do worse..)

message 13: by JoAnne (new)

Rosa wrote: "Bailey, I think it's that we're not really used to watch TV so we get bored real fast by the most things :D something will come up, and if not it's not a problem if we don't watch.. or we try to fi..."

I read 50 Shades but did not watch the movies. I don't like the male lead. I watched the first season of The Fall and he grossed me out! Creepy!
True Blood is different from the books - unfortunately.....

I recently watched Shetland on Netflix. It's about cops investigating murders on the island.

I wonder if Netflix for the US is the same as what you get.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

JoAnne wrote: "I wonder if Netflix for the US is the same as what you get."

No, it's a bit different. You could do something to your computer so he thinks he is US-American, but besides being illegal, it's more than open a browser window, and that's about all I can do 😂

Maybe I'll try Shetland.. not sure the kid'll like it but it could be something for me... is it more about the murder or the solving part? I don't like blood&gore, I like more when it's like Columbo or Agatha Christie ☺

message 15: by JoAnne (new)

I don't remember any gore. You get to know the characterswhile they solve crimes on the island. I love Douglas Henshall. It's based on books by Ann Cleeves.

Shetland IMDB

The only shows Sophia and I watch together are reality shows....

message 16: by Sonja (new)

Sonja | 8 comments Last few weeks we watched a lot of Netflix! hubby worked less so we got to finish The Defenders and started Longmire .It is really good if you are that genre.
Also The Dark!
Love that one.

message 17: by JoAnne (new)

I LOVE LOVE Longmire. I need to watch the last season. This show is from books too - by Craig Johnson.

I have not seen The Dark.

I want to watch that hospital show with Erica Durrance and Daniel Gillies. They showed one season on US tv and it was never seen again. But Netflix doesn't have it. Maybe I should check Hulu if we can still get it. My older daughter used to have a subscription to it.
It's called Saving Hope.

I never got to finish the last season of The Originals - also with Daniel Gillies! We moved and changed TV providers and I lost all the episodes I had on the DVR.

message 18: by Sonja (new)

Sonja | 8 comments Really you watched Longmire?
There is not a lot of people that watched him or even heard of that series!!So happy!!
We are on the season 5 now.
Almost done and already sad....

message 19: by JoAnne (last edited Dec 29, 2017 12:43PM) (new)

It was on TV here. Plus the guy that plays Henry - Lou Diamond Phillips - I went to high school with him. So I always try to watch his stuff.

I love westerns. I think it's from growing up in Texas.

message 20: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Eilers The Originals is on Netflix. I don't know if the newest season is on it but I know it's on Netflix. Have you watched the Vampire Diaries too or did you just start with the Originals

message 21: by JoAnne (new)

No I watched TVD but didn't get to see the last season of that one either.

I did not like the present and future BS - it got too confusing.

message 22: by Sonja (new)

Sonja | 8 comments I stopped also both Orginials and TVD half way!
When they changed the cast and plots I quit!

message 23: by JoAnne (new)

I didn't get through that one. I'll have to try it again. Last night we watched King Arthur: Legend of the Sword  on HBO.

I really liked it. I don't know why it got low ratings.

message 24: by JoAnne (new)

Rosa,
How about Shameless? I know it's also a show in the UK. This says it's on US Netfix.

It gets pretty racy but it's funny too.

message 25: by JoAnne (new)

Here's a question??

I was wondering what you get to watch with Prime membership with amazon. Do you get to see the new release movies? Or the new TV shows that amazon makes?

Netflix is almost $11/month now. What does Prime cost? I could check - maybe later.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

JoAnne wrote: "Rosa,
How about Shameless? I know it's also a show in the UK. This says it's on US Netfix.

It gets pretty racy but it's funny too."

thanks for the suggestion, JoAnne, but it's not available! My sister has amazon prime, but it won't help you if I tell you about it, because it's the same as with netflix - not the same things on it in different countries :/

message 27: by JoAnne (new)

Thanks anyway ;)

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2018 06:53AM) (new)

daughter found a new series she likes to watch, but it's rather dark and it forgot it's name anyway, so I can't share even THAT...

I'm watching sports at the moment, lol. Alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, luge, ski jumping... most of it live, and it's for free and on almost all day :D

message 29: by JoAnne (new)

I should look and see what's on here. I'm watching the Food Network right now.

message 30: by JoAnne (last edited Jan 06, 2018 07:11AM) (new)

US Figure Skating Championships at 4. I hope I remember! College basketball and Pro Football on the other channels. OH we have an Olympic Channel!!!
Alpine Skiing from Switzerland! Wonder if there's any Italians??

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

JoAnne wrote: "I should look and see what's on here. I'm watching the Food Network right now."

I would cry if I had do watch food network, trying to reduce sugar at the moment!

JoAnne wrote: "Alpine Skiing from Switzerland! Wonder if there's any Italians?? "

at alpine skiing? sure there are!

message 32: by JoAnne (new)

Rosa wrote: "JoAnne wrote: "I should look and see what's on here. I'm watching the Food Network right now."

I would cry if I had do watch food network, trying to reduce sugar at the moment!

I am too - doing whole30 to get back on track....

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2018 07:43AM) (new)

soooo... you're trying to punish yourself with watching food stuffs, or makes it feel you like you've eaten already?

I don't do a real program or some diet, I just ate horribly unhealthy in the last months and I feel like the insides of my body are like the insides of a trash can...

message 34: by JoAnne (new)

I was watching the Pioneer Woman and she was making no meat dinners.

I will cheat if I don't follow a plan.

The Italian just got knocked out of 3rd...

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2018 07:54AM) (new)

I won't tell you how it ended :)

I like giant slalom a lot, because it's really exciting up to the end

message 36: by JoAnne (new)

Rosa wrote: "I won't tell you how it ended :)

I like giant slalom a lot, because it's really exciting up to the end"

One of your countrymen is in the lead....

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

watching ski again, ladies' slalom. Shiffrin is amazing once more! unbelieveable.

message 38: by JoAnne (new)

OK just woke up and got ready for the day and sitting now with the tiny laptop and my cup of coffee - wondering how I can wrestle the remote away from Frank to watch sports!

message 39: by JoAnne (new)

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 07, 2018 04:40AM) (new)

JoAnne wrote: "OK just woke up and got ready for the day and sitting now with the tiny laptop and my cup of coffee - wondering how I can wrestle the remote away from Frank to watch sports!"

at this moment it's the second run for the men... Italians will start, too ;)

(if that's not enough for Frank, US-americans on the start as well :D )

message 41: by JoAnne (last edited Jan 07, 2018 04:54AM) (new)

He's Italian. But he only likes a few motor sports.

He likes news (blech)....😒

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

he has such an un-italian name

message 43: by JoAnne (new)

Francesco Isgro his family calls him Franco but I've always called him Frank - since August 1983....

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

ok :D I'm convinced now ;)

you have known your husband for almost all of my life..

message 45: by JoAnne (new)

Rosa wrote: "ok :D I'm convinced now ;)

you have known your husband for almost all of my life.."

HAHA! I'm old!

message 46: by JoAnne (new)

It's funny before we lived in Sicily, the only Isgros I ever heard of was Isgro's Bakery in Philadelphia. Once we got to Sicily there were Isgros everywhere!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

JoAnne wrote: "Rosa wrote: "ok :D I'm convinced now ;)

you have known your husband for almost all of my life.."

HAHA! I'm old!"

naaah! It's just nice that you are still together

message 48: by JoAnne (new)

It's been hard work and I don't give up easily....

Having a teenager keeps us young - LOL

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's great, most important thing in our lifes are the people we share it with!

and - I don't know! :D having a teenager makes me feel old, most days XD

don't know, but could be sentences like: mama, you look like a granny in that dress!

message 50: by JoAnne (new)

WOW - that's a little harsh!
My oldest will be 28 next month but she was out of the house before she turned 19. She lives in Michigan and is probably freezing her butt off. It's very cold there right now.

« previous 1