Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author Merge (I think)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric (ozeric) | 4 comments There are two author profiles linking to my books.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... - I have no idea where this one came from, but it does link to two of my books.
E H Howard

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... - I have claimed and spent some time linking things etc.
E.H. Howard

I assume the first one needs to be deleted, but would hate for the books and reviews to vanish.

Sorry if I was supposed to figure out how to do this myself. Please can I have some help?

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6177 comments I moved the two books which are clearly yours to your profile and combined the paperback editions with the kindle editions.
(no panic, the reviews/ratings won't get lost even if it may possible it doesn't show up correctly until the cache has sorted out - that's normal after combining/separation)

And you run into the joy of initial authors :(
Books do often get imported by bots (or users who don't know how to enter them correctly) and if it's entered slightly different on the source (e.g. on amazon) it creates a new profile here too because E.H. is seen different than E. H. or E H or EH or E.H
(which is why it is important to have a clear rule how they should be entered - so librarians cancorrect if they come across).

And no that would've been nothing you could have done.
Only way to prevent that is being faster than the bots and as soon as you know the ISBN (for PB or ebook) or the ASIN (for kindle) entering it yourself and bots are checking for ASIN/ISBN and won't import again if that is already in database.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6177 comments And are your Amara books a series?
We could set it up as one if they have common characters or are placed in the same fictional universe.

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric (ozeric) | 4 comments ☕ Lachgas ♿ wrote: "is this one your's too? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2..."

Good lord no! That looks ever so real-world. I visited once, but didn't like it. Thank you for asking

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric (ozeric) | 4 comments ☕ Lachgas ♿ wrote: "And are your Amara books a series?
We could set it up as one if they have common characters or are placed in the same fictional universe."

Yes, they are a series. Book 3 is on its way, but probably about a year off.

Thank you so much for sorting out the profiles. I didn't twig one was paperback and one was kindle.

message 7: by ☕ Lachgas ♿ (last edited Dec 28, 2017 01:38PM) (new)

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6177 comments here's your series https://www.goodreads.com/series/2229...
If you want a description there you can post it here and I can add it.

You're welcome!
(and off topic but: go to Greece longer terms - my mom does and she loves it)

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric (ozeric) | 4 comments Thank you for being so helpful, please find below a series blurb. I confess I have never looked at creating one before.
Greece – We came so close to moving out there in 2007, just before the financial world collapsed. We would have lost everything if we had. However, I love visiting both mainland and the islands. This year, I spent five days clambering around the antiquities of Corinth, an absolutely amazing place.
We also got our first Grandchild in 2007, which slowed us down somewhat. I adore being a grandparent (I wrote Pog and the King’s Armour for them) We are currently up to seven grandsons, I keep ordering a girl, but there seems to be a delivery problem. Not sure we’d know what to do with one now … I suspect she’d get spoiled rotten.
Thanks again for the help

!series blurb!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The Shudalandia series - Amara, the Ultimate Warrior vanishes leaving behind her daughter, her lover and her nation. Disaster and hardship befall them as a rising darkness threatens to engulf the known world.
A high-speed swords and sorcery fantasy covering multiple generations and hundreds of years. Each book is crafted as an individual story charting different aspects of the tale culminating in Amara’s Destiny (TBA).
An ideal next read for Hunger Games and Game of Thrones fans.
---------------------------------------------
!end of blurb!