Play Book Tag discussion

Milk and Honey
This topic is about Milk and Honey
December 2017: Social Issues > Milk and Honey - Rupi Kaur - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (last edited Dec 27, 2017 02:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susie | 4488 comments I picked this book of poetry up and once I did I couldn't stop until I was done. I found them heartbreaking, beautiful, empowering, and insightful. The collection is broken in to four parts, each dealing with a different aspect of a relationship; The Hurting, The Breaking, The Loving, & The Healing. At times very simple but always poignant, I am so glad to have read them and I really look forward to reading The Sun and Her Flowers.

I have added this to the Social Issues folder as it covers Kaur's experiences with violence and abuse within her relationships, and it is undoubtedly a feminist work.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6543 comments Oooh, I don't normally like poetry, other than Billy Collins, but your strong review makes me feel like this one might be worth the effort.

Susie | 4488 comments I hope you like the collection.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6543 comments Susie wrote: "I hope you like the collection."

I just hope the library has it . . .my library is not the best, and I'm a little reluctant to purchase poetry until I've actually tried it out.

Susie | 4488 comments I wouldn't buy it. it's too short.

annapi | 5068 comments You've intrigued me too! Anita, I emailed you.

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6543 comments annapi wrote: "You've intrigued me too! Anita, I emailed you."

Oh, thank you!