2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Gandes read 6 books in 2018

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helene (new)

Helene (gande) | 10 comments So this will be the year where I finally get back to reading a lot, and maybe even outside my usual. 6 books isn't a lot (not like when I was a teen and read 5 books a month), but it is more than I have read since getting glasses and focussing on studies.

The first book will be the picture of Dorian Grey. It is on my to read list, I have it in my library and it will be a group read in here, so perfect for a starter :D

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Helene wrote: "So this will be the year where I finally get back to reading a lot, and maybe even outside my usual. 6 books isn't a lot (not like when I was a teen and read 5 books a month), but it is more than I..."

Nice to hear you will be joining us in our group read, Helene. Perfect for a starter indeed!
Wishing you the best of luck with your goal and above all, Happy Reading!!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Good luck with your goal!

message 5: by Helene (new)

Helene (gande) | 10 comments So I have already read Magnus Chase and the sword of summer and a danish novel called Drengene fra Sankt Petri (The boys from Saint Petri - a story about a sabotagegroup in the early 40's). I might actually get to quite some books this year YAAAAY

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Hoping your first month was a success! Congratulations on your first four books!

message 7: by Helene (new)

Helene (gande) | 10 comments Blagica wrote: "Hoping your first month was a success! Congratulations on your first four books!"

It was to some extent a success, but first an exam and after that I will read the rest of Lowry's Giver series and maybe get around to Dorian Grey this month xD

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Helene wrote: "
It was to some extent a success, but first an exam and after that I will read the rest of Lowry's Giver series and maybe get around to Dorian Grey this month xD "

Loved The Giver! Hope you will too!

message 9: by Helene (new)

Helene (gande) | 10 comments I read the giver in 2005 and have just signed it is a part of my exam as a future teacher :) but when I am done with the exam I will read the rest of the series for the first time :)

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Hoping March is a great month for you. 4 books is a great start.

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!