The Readers discussion

Episode Discussions > Ep. 179 Christmas Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin Bo (new)

Robin Bo (robideg) | 29 comments Hi guys! Nice to hear you back together!

(yes, I am aware it was only one episode, but still!)

I am ashamed to admit that I do little reading over the actual Christmas holiday. I tend toward binge watching old Christmas movies.

Today, the 27th of December, I am at work and due to how quiet it is I just finished my latest read, The Night Sister, which is actually a horror/gothic type of novel. Not my normal read.

I don't have a type of book to read this time of year. I tend to see this time of year as finishing off any goals or books that are outstanding.

I'm purposefully going to pick up a novella so I can start a new book January 1st.

message 2: by Louise (last edited Dec 27, 2017 01:36AM) (new)

Louise | 154 comments I hope you enjoy Damascus Nights Thomas, I really liked it :-)
I also liked Joseph Anton: A Memoir - much food for thought. Rushdie gave a talk here in Copenhagen a few years ago, and I found him very interesting (and he signed my huge pile of books afterwards with no complaints :-) If you want to read more by him, I recommend The Enchantress of Florence

I've mainly been reading library books that have to be returned on January 3rd (and can no longer be renewed): Written on the Body & Netherland

message 3: by Esther (new)

Esther (eshchory) | 135 comments Louise wrote: "If you want to read more by him, I recommend The Enchantress of Florence."

I have that on my TBR pile and hope to read it in 2018.

message 4: by Jumana A (new)

Jumana A | 5 comments Hi
Has Simon and Thomas talked about Strangers on a Train yet? I listened to it on audio. It was good but the ending was sad.

message 5: by Kathie (new)

Kathie This week I'm diving into The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. Halfway through and I still have no idea where it's all headed, but I'm enjoying the ride.

message 6: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (thomasathogglestock) | 251 comments Jumana wrote: "Hi
Has Simon and Thomas talked about Strangers on a Train yet? I listened to it on audio. It was good but the ending was sad."

It's coming. We had to re-record the episode. I like the 2nd version better. Should be up in the next few weeks.

message 7: by Jumana A (new)

Jumana A | 5 comments Thomas wrote: "Jumana wrote: "Hi
Has Simon and Thomas talked about Strangers on a Train yet? I listened to it on audio. It was good but the ending was sad."

It's coming. We had to re-record the episode. I like t..."

Thank you. I thought i missed it. Listening to it on audio was interesting :)