2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Chelsea's 2018 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea I plan to read many more books this year than I did in 2017. Last year I had some hefty tomes I read through, so my page count was high but my book total was low. I was ok with that. This year I am doing a Shakespeare challenge, so higher book total and lower page count. Therefore, I'm thinking of setting my goal at 50. I may surpass it... it's hard to say since last year was so unique, and was my first year to really track it.

Anticipated reads:
- the complete works of Shakespeare
- the complete tales of Brothers Grimm
- The Birth of Britain (Churchill)
- Understanding Physics (Asimov)
- The Hobbit (Tolkien)
- The Scottish Chiefs (Porter)

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Good luck Chelsea & happy reading!!

Temitayomiyoshiseun Jemison | 37 comments Hi I plan to read over 101 books and complete 4 series( in the process) of Agatha Christie books: Hercules Poirot, Miss Marple, Tommy and Tuppence, and short story collections.

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments I hope you enjoy every book you read this year. Do you plan on joining any challenges to help you reach your 50 books?

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Not in this group. I am doing a Shakespeare Challenge and some buddy reads elsewhere.

So far I have finished 2 Shakespeare (Two Gentlemen of Verona, Taming of the Shrew) and 2 other works (Consider This by Glass and Vanity Fair by Thackeray).

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea That’s a tricky one... A Gentleman in Moscow was a really enjoyable read. Consider this by Karen Glass was great, as well as Cold Comfort Farm.

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments You are doing great! I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine!

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Thanks! I’m at 26 books now. :)

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Hoping July is full of page turning and falling in love with a new book!