Always Late To The Party discussion

Plans for January reads?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zibbernaut (new)

Zibbernaut Wondering who is reading both books, or who picked one and why? Are you buying the books or borrowing them?

Me personally I'll be borrowing both from the library--I want to read ACOTAR for sure, but I'll have Throne of Glass handy in case I decide to tackle it as well. Which one are you looking forward to most?

message 2: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Since i have already read Throne of Glass, and have other books i got for Christmas that i am eager to re-read 😄, i will read ACOTAR. im excited to read other books by Sarah J. Maas, she is a wonderful author from what i remember.

message 3: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Ooops, forgot. I will borrow mine from the library!

message 4: by Spring (new)

Spring | 30 comments Mod
I'll be reading "Throne of Glass" first but I will probably be reading both books. I picked up the prequel for $0.99 on kobo and bought the book as an ebook. I think my library has "A Court of Thorns and Roses" in the overdrive catalog.

message 5: by kate (last edited Dec 27, 2017 02:23AM) (new)

kate  (drawghosts) | 29 comments Mod
i’ve already read most of the throne of glass series so i’ll be reading acotar now (:
bought the ebook on amazon!

message 6: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (daisylolax) I was expecting ToG for Christmas but I got so many other wonderful books, I will try to get it from my school library (where I already have ACoTaR from).

message 7: by Cas (new)

Cas (brekker) see, i personally don't like Sarah J. Maas (though i'm not going to get into it and respect everyone else's opinions of course!) so i'll be sitting out January and possibly rereading some beloved books to get myself back into reading since 2017 was a baaaad year for reading for me. i hope everyone else enjoys their adventures!!

message 8: by kate (new)

Fae wrote: “see, i personally don’t like Sarah J. Maas (though i’m not going to get into it and respect everyone else’s opinions of course!) so i’ll be sitting out January and possibly rereading some beloved b…”

that’s perfectly fine! i don’t want anyone here feeling they can’t voice their opinion if they don’t like a book/author.

and you can buddy read one of the books that lost (or any other, tbh) with someone from the group if you want to (:

message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (daisylolax) Kate Ozera wrote: "Fae wrote: “see, i personally don’t like Sarah J. Maas (though i’m not going to get into it and respect everyone else’s opinions of course!) so i’ll be sitting out January and possibly rereading so..."

I can read the Red Queen book instead of Throne of Glass, as I have that out of the library at the moment and I don't have the ToG book so if that is useful it will be useful for me too.

message 10: by Lisanne (new)

Lisanne (wolffhoofd) I'll be reading TOG, because I finished the ACOTAR books last year (weird to refer to 2017 as last year). Loved those books, so I am very excited to read more by Sarah J. Maas.

Got the first three books in the Throne of Glass series for Christmas, so don't need to buy/borrow them myself

message 11: by kate (new)

DaisyLola wrote: “Kate Ozera wrote: “Fae wrote: “see, i personally don’t like Sarah J. Maas (though i’m not going to get into it and respect everyone else’s opinions of course!) so i’ll be sitting out January and po…”

there’s a folder just for buddy reads. if you want, you can open a topic searching for people to read red queen with you there! (:

message 12: by V. (new)

V. (vaniaasantos) | 5 comments I still have one book to finish, since I couldn't finish it until yesterday. I also receive one book from a friend and I probably will read it after. Anyways, I will try to read some of the books are where chosen for this month. :)

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna Parkes | 3 comments Since I have read the first book in each of those series, I'm going to try and finish City of Heavenly Fire. I've been putting it off for ages because I didn't want the series to end but now I really want to know how it finishes.

message 14: by kate (new)

Anna wrote: “Since I have read the first book in each of those series, I’m going to try and finish City of Heavenly Fire. I’ve been putting it off for ages because I didn’t want the series to end but now I real…”

would you be interested in buddy reading it with me? that’s the only book i haven’t read yet (: