Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Becoming a Librarian

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audra (new)

Audra Watts (audrasbookblabbing) | 19 comments I applied to be a librarian a couple weeks ago and have not been accepted. I really want this and tried to reapply, but it won't let me. The first time I applied, I didn't put a really good reason and have something much better to say, now.

What do I do?

Thanks!

message 2: by Audra (new)

Audra Watts (audrasbookblabbing) | 19 comments Corinne wrote: "If you can't reapply a decision hasn't been made yet so you application is still open."

Oh, I didn't realize that. Thank you!

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments I gather from another comment that you work for a publisher? In that case you will probably not be accepted as a librarian.

message 4: by Audra (new)

Audra Watts (audrasbookblabbing) | 19 comments lethe wrote: "I gather from another comment that you work for a publisher? In that case you will probably not be accepted as a librarian."

No, I don't. I am self-publishing a book with my friend if that is what you mean.

message 5: by Audra (new)

Audra Watts (audrasbookblabbing) | 19 comments I’m sorry if my sentences are cut off. I’m not sure if the site is messing up or it’s just my phone messing up.

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments Audra wrote: "lethe wrote: "I gather from another comment that you work for a publisher? In that case you will probably not be accepted as a librarian."

No, I don't. I am self-publishing a book with my friend i..."

I don't know if that makes much difference. Thing is there were bad experiences in the past with publishers (and authors) having full librarian rights (edits against Goodreads policy and such). But I'm not staff, so who knows :)

Audra wrote: "I’m sorry if my sentences are cut off. I’m not sure if the site is messing up or it’s just my phone messing up."

No, they aren't cut off on my end :)

message 7: by Audra (new)

Audra Watts (audrasbookblabbing) | 19 comments lethe wrote: "Audra wrote: "lethe wrote: "I gather from another comment that you work for a publisher? In that case you will probably not be accepted as a librarian."

No, I don't. I am self-publishing a book wi..."

That's so sad! I hate it when people abuse things and ruin it for the rest of us.