Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Cutthroat Book Club > Amoracchius

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jan 28, 2018 08:12PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30837 comments Mod
Amoracchius

In combat, the sheer power of the blade emits a thrumming sound and bright light that seems to banish shadows and can momentarily blind those around the wielder. Amoracchius can harm supernatural beings, its cuts being left in flames that cauterize the wound, and is an incredibly powerful object of faith.

As with the other Swords of the Cross, Amoracchius loses its power and could be broken when used for reasons contrary to its nature.

Laura (Co-Captain)
Lori (Pigletto) (Co-Captain)
Rachael Vinzant
Halli
Rachel
Vivi
Raine
Jenny
Jane Harfeld
Alissa
Ozana
Jen
Maddison

*** Audrey
*** Stormie ~ Book Dragon~
zee">Zee
*** Stefanie Magee Magnuson

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments res

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments r

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments r

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments r

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments r

Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ (stormiebookdragon) | 259 comments reserved

message 16: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachaelc94) | 97 comments We are up and running. I'm so excited for this challenge to start. It is driving me crazy not to be able to plan out my January reading.

message 17: by Laura (last edited Dec 29, 2017 06:20PM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Welcome everyone to the Cut Throat challenge.
I'm Laura. I 've been playing team challenges for a while and usually captain but with my new role as moderator for this group and less time in general I thought I 'd co-captain.
I hail from Nova Scotia, Canada and I work at an animal rescue group. I enjoy camping, hiking, walking my dog, bowling, and of course reading. Mystery, young adult and historical fiction are my favorite genres.
Can't wait to play with you all! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Please introduce yourselves and say hello!

message 18: by Jane (last edited Jan 01, 2018 02:42PM) (new)

Jane | 693 comments Hi everybody.

I'm Jane. I'm from Denmark. I love canoing and I paddled on the Yukon river for about two months in 2016. I love sitting in camp in remote places and reading my Kindle with only the sounds of Nature around.

I take part in a lot of challenges, both team and individual ones. Most of the challenges I take part in are here on Goodreads in several different groups.

message 19: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Dec 30, 2017 07:42AM) (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4080 comments Hi everybody! I am so excited for this challenge!

I'm Jenny and I live on the east coast of Maryland, USA. I love reading, playing with my cats, and a good zombie or horror flick! My favorite genres are mysteries, thrillers, suspense, sci-fi and horror. I also like a good romance.

message 20: by Rachael (last edited Dec 30, 2017 01:21PM) (new)

Rachael (rachaelc94) | 97 comments My name is Rachael. I'm from South Dakota, USA. I love reading, zumba, yoga, and many tv shows. I'm a special education teacher.

I have been participating in reading challenges for years over on my blog. I participated in WOBBLE last year and it was so great for my reading. I have been waiting for Nothing, but Reading Challenges to host another epic challenge.

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 30, 2017 05:56AM) (new)

Yay! It's nearly time to start.

I'm Lori - another of your co-captains. I live in London. I read most genres. I've taken part in a lot of team challenges but nothing like this one with the sabotaging.

message 22: by Audrey Jane (last edited Jan 02, 2018 07:04AM) (new)

Audrey Jane | 1447 comments Hi team ! Looking forward to start this challenge; it seems pretty savage.

I'm Audrey and I live in Belgium. I'm in love with hiking, remote locations, and breathtaking sceneries. And also good books of course (favourite genres are mystery, historical fiction, non-fiction, and fantasy). I'm moving to the capital tomorrow and I'm hoping the experience isn't going to kill me since I come from the countryside.

Like most of you I've been participating in some of the past team challenges on NBRC or other groups on GR, and I enjoyed them all. Glad to be in good hands with our team captains.

message 23: by Alissa (last edited Dec 29, 2017 06:51PM) (new)

Alissa | 771 comments Hi All...so excited for this challenge. I feel like I’ve been waiting for this since wobble. I’ve been playing on Goodreads for awhile and I know a few of our teammates from other challenges. I look forward to getting to know the rest of you.

I live in Dallas,Tx in the USA.

Hi Laura and Jenny!!

My favorite genre is romance but I like all different genres if someone recommends it I will give it a try!!

message 24: by Raine (new)

Raine (raine_renner) | 297 comments Hi Everyone! I'm Raine and I'm from Chicago, Illinois.

I've done the Tower challenges and also the Wobble challenge. I exclusively read romance mostly because I like an HEAs especially after a long day working! I look forward to playing this challenge with all of you!

message 25: by Vivi (last edited Dec 30, 2017 06:04AM) (new)

Vivi | 143 comments Hi Everyone! :)

I'm Vivi and I'm from Portugal. I love to read and review books (obviously), but mostly, I enjoy doing Reading Challenges. I've done a couple of Team and Individual Challenges in this and other groups, since I joined Goodreads in 2015.

My all time favourite genre is romance... I'll probably read (almost) any book, as long as there is a bit of romance in it <3

I'm eager to start this challenge ('cause it's such a crazy/savage one, with the sabotage and all!) and it's killing me not being able to program my January readings.

message 26: by Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ (last edited Dec 29, 2017 08:24PM) (new)

Stormie ~ Book Dragon ~ (stormiebookdragon) | 259 comments Stormie(Captain) here! I currently live in Apple Vally, CA and originally from Spotsylvania, VA. I love to read and love challenges. I mostly do individual challenges, and occasionally participate in challenges that involve groups when I am able. I am excited to get started on this challenge!

I like most genres, Historical and Historical Fiction, Sci-Fi and Fantasy are my favorites and sometimes I will read romance, if it is mild. Nothing like Silhouette or Harlequin, mostly because I like a good plot. ;) I do read most genres even though there are some I don't like.

message 27: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Kyle | 1682 comments Laura wrote: "Welcome everyone to the Cut Throat challenge.
I'm Laura. I 've been playing team challenges for a while and usually captain but with my new role as moderator for this group and less time in genera..."

omg congrats on becoming a mod for NBRC!! that is awesome!! WTG!

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Thanks Cecily!

message 29: by Halli (new)

Halli | 500 comments Hey guys! I’m Halli from S.C.

Sorry I’m late posting to this - I work in HR and New Years is always our busiest work time (trying to get W-2s & stuff out the door). The good news is, I can listen to audio books while I’m doing that! :)

I’m 28, married, have 2 kitty sons & my first human baby on the way! I’m due on Feb 9 with a little girl. I was somewhat nervous to sign up for this challenge because of that, but with 6 weeks of maternity leave (& a personality that cannot sit still doing nothing), I’m hoping I’m going to get a good bit of audio book & reading time in there.

I’ll link my shelf in the private chat! Can’t wait to get started!!

message 30: by Rachel (new)

Rachel into the Void | 215 comments Hi all, I'm Rachel. I live in Minnesota, I'm a mom of 3 and a pharmacist. I read a lot of fantasy and am starting to dip my toes into romance, but like Stormie said, I need a decent plot in the background!
I've done a couple Tower Teams in the past and had a lot of fun - this should be a good challenge!

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Raine wrote: "Hi Everyone! I'm Raine and I'm from Chicago, Illinois.

I've done the Tower challenges and also the Wobble challenge. I exclusively read romance mostly because I like an HEAs especially after a lo..."

Hey Raine,
When you get a chance accept the friend request please so we can send you an invite to our group chat!

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Our challenge has started!!All group play/talk has been moved to our secret group. Please check your notifications or accept the friend requests from your captain and co- coptains if you haven't. We can't wait for you to join us! Happy New Year!!

message 33: by Jane (new)

Jane | 693 comments I know I have accepted a friend request from Pigletto but I don't seem to have recieved an invite.

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Jane, click on your own profile ( top right hand corner ) and if you have a group invitation it should show up as "new" on the side.

message 35: by Jane (new)

Jane | 693 comments Found it, thank you Laura

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Jane wrote: "Found it, thank you Laura"

Yeah! See you on the other side:-)

message 37: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Raine wrote: "Hi Everyone! I'm Raine and I'm from Chicago, Illinois.

I've done the Tower challenges and also the Wobble challenge. I exclusively read romance mostly because I like an HEAs especially after a lo..."

Our challenge has started!!All group play/talk has been moved to our secret group. Please check your notifications or accept the friend requests from your captain and co- coptains if you haven't. We can't wait for you to join us! Happy New Year!!

message 38: by Raine (new)

Raine (raine_renner) | 297 comments Sorry, I'm on vacation this week so it is a little hard to read messages on my phone. I've friended the captains and co-captains (at least I hope I accepted the correct ones since I have quite a few requests).

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Raine wrote: "Sorry, I'm on vacation this week so it is a little hard to read messages on my phone. I've friended the captains and co-captains (at least I hope I accepted the correct ones since I have quite a fe..."

Hello Raine,
I hope you are enjoying vacation and went somewhere warm! I sent you an invite to join our secret group where all the talk and planning occurs! See you there soon.

message 40: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Please welcome your new team member:

Zee

message 41: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Jan 12, 2018 03:46AM) (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4080 comments Welcome Zee!

message 42: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hi Zee,
Welcome to our team. All chatter & play is in our secret group. Friend request sent so that an invite can follow.

message 43: by Alex (new)

Alex | 1018 comments I've accepted the friend request, looking forward to playing!

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hi Zee,
Sorry it took so long for the invite, I was away all day and just getting home. Please check your notifications and accept the group invite to our secret chat!

message 45: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Please welcome your new team member:

Stefanie Magee Magnuson

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Welcome Stefanie!

message 47: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4080 comments Welcome Stefanie! Have fun!!

message 48: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Hi Stefanie,
We need you to accept the group invite to our strategy and planning group!

message 49: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie MagMag (goodreadscomstefaniemagmag) Hi Laura,
I thought I did? I'm so new to this and am trying to get my bearings. Tell me what I need to do or where to go next.
Thanks so much for the inclusion!

message 50: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie MagMag (goodreadscomstefaniemagmag) Ugh, nevermind! I figured it out! :)

« previous 1