Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Cutthroat Book Club > Lysanthra

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30836 comments Mod
Lysanthra

“Nothing like a dose of spirits of the dead to chase away spirits of the vine.”
― Yasmine Galenorn, Panther Prowling

Alison (Captain)
Silje (Co-Captain)
Leslie (Co-Captain)
Nicole
Judith Brown
Shelby
Nicole
Chris Davies
Emily
Ashlee Marie
Eunice
ChrisP
Rebecca Duckett
Alexandria

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2507 comments Reserved

message 7: by Alison (new)

message 8: by Alison (new)

message 9: by Alison (new)

message 10: by Alison (new)

message 11: by Silje (new)

Silje (sikna) | 1279 comments res

message 12: by Silje (new)

message 13: by Silje (new)

message 14: by Alison (last edited Dec 29, 2017 11:05AM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2507 comments And we're off. Let's get cutting, or just introduce ourselves :)

For those who don't know me I'm Alison and I'll be your bloodthirsty captain. I've captained a few of these team challenges but I'm very excited about this one. I read pretty much anything and everything and have just finished Everless which was really good.

message 15: by Silje (new)

Silje (sikna) | 1279 comments Finally!
I'm Silje, one of your captain's sidekicks. I have been co-captain once or twice before and just became a member of the MODs team as well=) I mostly read fantasy, romance and YA, but have been known to try thriller and mystery as well=) I have just finished some of my Netgalley books, The Austen Escape and His Christmas Princess.

message 16: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria | 136 comments Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I'm so excited for this challenge! I mostly do audiobooks, but I'll listen to just about anything fiction. I can't wait to get to know you all!

message 17: by Judith, Yeah Boi! (new)

Judith (brownie72011) | 4813 comments Mod
I’ve been checking on a regular basis to see when the thread was finally open!!

I love team challenges and it’s nice to see a set of familiar faces on our team. I read almost everything except horror but do read a lot of fantasy, paranormal, and romance. I just finished Z: a novel of Zelda Fitzgerald, which was really interesting and told a different side of relationships with very complicated dynamics.

I’m excited for some backstabbing shenanigans!

message 18: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2507 comments Hi Alex, great to meet you. I'm a recent convert to audios so I'm sure I'll be looking for some recommendations from you. I'm listening to Frankenstein at the moment. It's narrated by Dan Stevens who just has the dreamiest voice.

message 19: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2507 comments Hi Judith. It's great to be back on the same team again. It's been forever.

message 20: by Alison (last edited Dec 29, 2017 01:28PM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2507 comments All,

I've set up a separate group for the team so we can talk tactics without spies =)

Once you check in I'll send you on an invite. Please accept it and come on over.

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Hi team! I’m Nicole and this is the first team challenge I’ve ever done! I’m looking forward to it. My favourite genre is thriller/suspense.

message 22: by Silje (last edited Dec 29, 2017 01:43PM) (new)

Silje (sikna) | 1279 comments Hi Judith, nice to see you again=) Nice to meet some new people as well=)

message 23: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2507 comments Hi Nicole and welcome to the team. I think you've picked a fun one for your first. Beware though, they are addictive.

message 24: by Ashlee (last edited Dec 29, 2017 02:23PM) (new)

Ashlee | 509 comments Hi team! I'm Ashlee and I love to do team challenges. I will pretty much read anything, but have a lot of romance, cozy mystery, and YA on my TBR. I'm excited to try a new challenge.

message 25: by Leslie Ann (new)

Leslie Ann | 536 comments Hi team! Looking forward to starting!

message 26: by ChrisP (new)

ChrisP Poyner Let loose the dogs of war!!!

message 27: by ChrisP (new)

ChrisP Poyner My name is Chris and I read it all. I prefer to listen and read the same book when possible. My wheel house revolves around fantasy and historical fiction, but I can throw down any genre at anytime. I am currently trying to finish You Suck by my newest favored author Christopher Moore.

message 28: by Silje (last edited Dec 29, 2017 04:52PM) (new)

Silje (sikna) | 1279 comments Hi team mates! Good to see you=) Alison will send you an invite to our secret group as soon as she can.

Edit: apparently I can invite too, so I sent an invite=)

message 29: by Nicole B (new)

Nicole B | 172 comments Hi, I'm the second Nicole. I read anything I can get my hands on by kindle unlimited and am saving up some books on my kindle for the challenge. Looking forward to starting. :)

message 30: by Silje (new)

Silje (sikna) | 1279 comments Nicole wrote: "Hi, I'm the second Nicole. I read anything I can get my hands on by kindle unlimited and am saving up some books on my kindle for the challenge. Looking forward to starting. :)"

Welcome! We have sent you an invite to our private group=)

message 31: by Leslie Ann (new)

Leslie Ann | 536 comments Hi, I am Leslie. I love to read just about anything except for maybe romance , but I have been known to read anything for a challenge. My favs are Mystery, thriller, sci-fi and historical fiction.

message 32: by Shelby (last edited Dec 30, 2017 12:35PM) (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1084 comments Hi everybody! So I think this is a first challenge with most if not all of you, which is so weird for me since I've been a challenge addict for ages. It's rare to get to play with a whole new group of friends!

But as for me and reading, well I'll read pretty much anything and everything. Any sub-genre of Romance or Fantasy tend to be my favorites though. But I'm really on a kick to diversify my reading lately so I'm always open to any new suggestions. :)

--Little side note - I try to get online at least once a day, but sometimes with my schedule that can get a little difficult. Generally though even if I'm not getting to update as often as I'd like I'm still always reading. :)

message 33: by Silje (new)

Silje (sikna) | 1279 comments Shelby wrote: "Hi everybody! So I think this is a first challenge with most if not all of you, which is so weird for me since I've been a challenge addict for ages. It's rare to get to play with a whole new group..."

Always great to meet new books addicts;)
Good of you to let us know! I've sent you a link to our private group.

message 34: by Chris (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 2192 comments Hello Team! Glad to be on your team. Looking forward to some fun.

message 35: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2507 comments Hi Chris. Great to have you. I've sent you on an invite to our private group.

message 36: by Emily (new)

Emily | 440 comments Hello everyone!
I’m Emily. Looking forward to playing with you all!

message 37: by Silje (new)

Silje (sikna) | 1279 comments Emily wrote: "Hello everyone!
I’m Emily. Looking forward to playing with you all!"

Hi, nice to hear from you! I will send you an invite to our secret group so you can get settled=)

message 38: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 497 comments Hi, I'm Eunice. Looking forward to reading with you all! I'm not exactly sure as to what's going to happen here, but I've participated in some team challenges before and I'm sure I'll pick some things up along the way. I'm open to most genres but I usually go for fantasy, mystery, and thriller.

message 39: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2507 comments Hi Eunice and welcome to the team.

message 40: by Leslie Ann (new)

Leslie Ann | 536 comments Chris,
Have you been able to connect to our private group?

message 41: by Chris (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 2192 comments Leslie wrote: "Chris,
Have you been able to connect to our private group?"

Yes.

message 42: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 49 comments Hi everyone, sorry I'm late, been on holidays!

I'm from Sydney and I read everyday on the bus to and from work. Or if I catch the ferry I listen to an audiobook so I can look out the window :)

Very excited to do this.

message 43: by Silje (new)

Silje (sikna) | 1279 comments Rebecca wrote: "Hi everyone, sorry I'm late, been on holidays!

I'm from Sydney and I read everyday on the bus to and from work. Or if I catch the ferry I listen to an audiobook so I can look out the window :)

Ve..."

Hope you had fun during the holidays=) I'll send you an invite if one of the other captains haven't done it already=)