Always Late To The Party discussion

Happy Holidays! What books did you get?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Spring (new)

Spring | 30 comments Mod
Hey everyone! I hope your holidays are going well and you're getting some solid reading time. What bookish gifts did you all get? I got a Kobo gift card, a bookstore gift card, and a really nice bookmark. I also got tea which I think is the perfect pairing with a book.

message 2: by Fernanda (new)

Fernanda (njuhmma) | 4 comments The only person who gifted me a book was myself HAHAHAHAHHAHA I bought Felipe Castilho's latest book as a gift to myself.
Besides that, I got two shirts, a necklace and a very beautiful dress :)

message 3: by Zibbernaut (new)

Zibbernaut I got The Night Circus by Erin Morgenson. I've heard literally only good things about it, so I requested it by name specifically so my mom knew exactly what to get lol. And from my friends and boyfriend's parents I got a total of $75 in book store cards, so in the new year I'll be able to pick up some books that pique my fancy :D

message 4: by Isabella (new)

Isabella I got the Obsidian series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and the 1st and 2nd Poison PrincessEndless Knight by Kresley Cole. I love all these books!!!

message 5: by kate (new)

kate  (drawghosts) | 29 comments Mod
don’t know if that counts, but the only book i got was a court of thorns and roses and i bought it to myself haha

message 6: by han (last edited Dec 27, 2017 03:12AM) (new)

han (sleepless-and-wild) i pretty much only got books this year (yay), so: Men Without Women (haruki murakami); Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking (susan cain), A Cat, a Man and Two Women (jun'ichirō tanizaki); The River of Consciousness (oliver sacks); A Cura (pedro eiras, book only edited in pt, ig). also, me & my brother bought a graphic novel to both of us.
feeling pampered

message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (daisylolax) I got:
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
When Dimple Met Rishi by (sorry I forgot the name of the author!)
Caraval by Stephenie Garber
1984 by George Orwell
The One Memory of Flora Banks by (forgotten author name)
The Gender Game by Bella Forrest
Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
The Noughts and Crosses Series by Malorie Blackman

...and a few others I cannot remember off the top of my head.

message 8: by Lisanne (new)

Lisanne (wolffhoofd) Happy new year everyone!

For Christmas I got the paperback boxset of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I read the first three books in these series in Dutch a couple of years ago, but haven't really gotten around to reading and finishing the series in English

I also got the first three books in the Throne of Glass series. So, Throne of Glass, Heir of Fire and Crown of Midnight.

And lastly Marie Lu's Warcross!

message 9: by Lisanne (new)

Lisanne (wolffhoofd) By the way, for everyone who got/read Turtles All The Way Down I am very curious to read what you think of it, because personally I didn't like the book that much