The Reading Challenge Group discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > Overachievers' Challenge 2018

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Renee M | 4727 comments Mod
Some of you will go way beyond 50 books this year. This is a place to share your achievements after you complete the 50 Book Challenge. Go, You!

message 2: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

I'm going to suggest that you cut & paste your "totals" template here once you hit the 50-Book mark, then keep going. There should be plenty of people who read beyond that point & will help keep up the momentum. :D

message 3: by Envy (new)

Envy  Mason | 2 comments I'm planning to go for the gold with 150 this year. Last year I did 75 without trying. I wish I could get paid for reading. 😂

message 4: by Camille (new)

Camille (camillesbookishadventures) | 812 comments Envy wrote: "I'm planning to go for the gold with 150 this year. Last year I did 75 without trying. I wish I could get paid for reading. 😂"

We'd all be millionaires :D

message 5: by Trisha (last edited Aug 31, 2018 09:08AM) (new)

Trisha | 813 comments I read my 50th book during April. Total at end of April is 65 books, so continuing the challenge here.

January - 20
February - 13
March - 14
April - 18
May - 16
June - 13
July - 17
August - 21
September -
October -
November -
December -

YEAR TO DATE: 132

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula Bardell-Hedley (gaiabird) | 195 comments Hey, well done, Trisha. You're doing brilliantly! 😊

message 7: by Allison, Quest Hound (last edited Jul 06, 2018 09:17AM) (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) | 1298 comments Mod
I read my 50th book in May, so am on board for the overachiever challenge!

Annual Goal: 100
YEAR TO DATE: 77

January: 12
February: 9
March: 13
April: 10
May: 11
June: 13
July:
August:
September:
October:
November:
December:

message 8: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Great job, Trish and Allison!

I’m especially jealous because I might not make the 50 book mark this year! Luckily, I can read vicariously through you lot!! :)

message 9: by Allison, Quest Hound (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) | 1298 comments Mod
This makes me sad :(

message 10: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 813 comments Renee wrote: "Great job, Trish and Allison!

I’m especially jealous because I might not make the 50 book mark this year! Luckily, I can read vicariously through you lot!! :)"

Sorry I didn’t see this before. I agree with Allison, it makes me sad too. Perhaps you can find some shorter books to boost your total quickly, Renee.

message 12: by Rosemarie, Obsessive Reader (new)

Rosemarie | 3940 comments Mod
Way to go Paula!

message 13: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 813 comments Paula wrote: "I have just completed my 50th book, so it's time to set up a 50 and above list! 😃

YEAR TO DATE: 50

September51."

That’s great news, Paula!

message 14: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Great job, Paula! You’re really racking up books!

Also, a belated thank you for your encouragement, Guys. That’s why I love this group so much. Everyone is so supportive and generous. ❤️❤️

In spite of my grousing, I’ve actually made it into the Overachievers Club this year after all. You were right. I needed to stop comparing to past years. Instead I did more light reading and fun series books with just a sprinkle of classics.

message 15: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 813 comments Renee, I’m sure every year is different. The number of books doesn’t matter that much provided you enjoy reading them.

I read more than usual in August. But I’ll slow down now as I’ve given myself an extra challenge - to read at least 2 of the books I abandoned without finishing earlier in the year. I may regret this decision!

message 16: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Lol. So brave!

message 17: by Jenny, Certified Bookworm (new)

Jenny Clark | 1543 comments Mod
Trisha, that sounds like a good idea, hopefully you can get into those books now! Renee, so glad you made it in! I am at 233, BUT over 200 are featherweight books haha! I own so many of em that its an easy way to knock out my TBR plus Hoopla digital library has so many comics I've been reading, as well as the physical library LOL. My goal is 300 books this year.

message 18: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 813 comments Jenny wrote: "Trisha, that sounds like a good idea, hopefully you can get into those books now! Renee, so glad you made it in! I am at 233, BUT over 200 are featherweight books haha! I own so many of em that its..."

I finished one of them today! All the Light We Cannot See. It’s strange, it seems to be a very popular book but I couldn’t get into it before. This time I enjoyed most of it. I think the chapters are too short, so it jumps around all over the place & it’s easy to lose track of the story unless there’s time to read a lot of it.

message 19: by Hali (last edited Dec 31, 2018 01:48PM) (new)

Hali | 29 comments I read my 50th book July 27th 😊

Goal : 70 books (hopefully more!)

Total: 95!!!

September: 4
October: 8
November: 6
December : 20

message 20: by Rosemarie, Obsessive Reader (new)

Rosemarie | 3940 comments Mod
Great work, Hali!

message 21: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 436 comments I'm proud of everyone here for striving to read as many books as possible. I know people who are illiterate. They do not know that audiobooks exist

Sonya

message 22: by Paula (new)

Paula Bardell-Hedley (gaiabird) | 195 comments Rosemarie wrote: "Way to go Paula!"

Thanks. Rosemarie! 😊

message 23: by Paula (new)

Paula Bardell-Hedley (gaiabird) | 195 comments That’s great news, Paula!"

Many thanks, Trisha! 😊

message 24: by Paula (new)

Paula Bardell-Hedley (gaiabird) | 195 comments Renee wrote: "Great job, Paula! You’re really racking up books!"

Thank you, Renee. A big pat on the back to you, too! 😃

message 25: by Dee (last edited Dec 07, 2018 04:57AM) (new)

Dee January - 18
February - 19
March - 11
April - 10
May - 8
June - 7
July - 8
August - 5
September - 4
October - 4
November - 3
December - 3

YEAR TO DATE: 100

Update read my 50th book April 5th - Goal is 100

message 26: by Mary Anne (last edited Dec 31, 2018 04:32PM) (new)

Mary Anne (maryanneclement) | 146 comments Read 50th book as of 9/18/18. Updated as of 12/31.

January - 5
February - 5
March - 6
April - 4
May - 6
June - 6
July - 5
August - 6
September - 10
October - 6
November - 5
December - 10