Christian Cyberpunk Books discussion

Christian Cyberpunk Plot Ideas > Christian Cyberpunk Writing Opportunities

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Den (last edited Dec 26, 2017 04:00PM) (new)

Den Warren | 44 comments Mod
Evangelicals can easily see the dangers of science without ethics. And we know very well that atheist scientists have no guiding belief system that must compel them to have ethics other than following what is popular at the time.

Christians are generally reknown for writing bad scifi, especially with a lack of evangelical authors. There is no excuse for that, since we evangelicals should be the experts when it comes to understanding ideas that are contrary to scripture, which result in "unintended consequences", which we evangelicals can see coming a mile away.

There are plenty of plot ideas to be generated from all this rampant dysfunction and potential for even greater heights of dystopia. Fruit hanging on the low branches, just waiting to be picked. (Okay, its not really quite that easy.)

For my book, The Lucid Series: Android Uprising I chose a combination of things that may well be in the future.

Christian publishing houses gravitate towards only a couple of main sub-genres, because they sell. It may be up to the Indie publishers to create and revitalize a genre that could actually cause a Christian male to pick up a book by a Christian author that actually promotes Christianity which stirs them and invigorates them.

The Christian cyberpunk sub-genre can only become better if Christians can show some support by reading and reviewing the books so others believers can spend a minute portion of their entertainment budget on them.

Prayerfully consider joining our Goodreads Group: Christian Cyberpunk Books if you want to write in the genre, be a reviewer, or are a fan of it. This group does a good job of encouraging and supporting each other.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann | 5 comments I just wanted to say, don't dismiss any female scifi readers. I understand that we have a big market at the Christian romance genre, but I've been a scifi fan since, Lost in Space and the original Star Trek first ran. I'm excited that you are venturing forth in this genre. Our imaginations are God given, and he is the architect of all science so a Christian scifi writer should have the 'unfair' advantage.

I am a teacher and have a heavy load while school is in session, but would love to read more Christian scifi in general.

message 3: by Den (new)

Den Warren | 44 comments Mod
Ann wrote: "I just wanted to say, don't dismiss any female scifi readers. I understand that we have a big market at the Christian romance genre, but I've been a scifi fan since, Lost in Space and the original ..."

My wife is a fellow "nerd" as well. She would rather watch something with action in it than a Hallmark movie.

Indeed, God knows the proper use for His creation and chooses who gets abilities to do anything.

Ann, I can imagine whatever subject(s) you teach, you are very good at it.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann | 5 comments Special Education! in other words, jack of all trades, master of none! lol