2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Anne's Book a Week Challenge 2018

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne  (arl0401) | 246 comments I am going to continue with my goal of reading a book a week in 2018.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Good luck & happy reading Anne!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11903 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 5: by Anne (last edited Feb 24, 2018 09:06AM) (new)

Anne  (arl0401) | 246 comments 4. Feb 1 Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic by Sam Quinones

5. Feb 16 A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War: How J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-18 by Joseph Loconte

6. Feb 18 The Cuban Affair by Nelson DeMille Fun beach read while in Hilton Head for a wedding.

7. Feb 20 Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World by William H. McRaven Listened on Audio, very inspirational.

8. Feb 22 The Art of Living: The Classical Manual on Virtue, Happiness and Effectiveness by Epictetus Modern translation of Epictetus' advice for living. Just as appropriate for human nature now as it was 2000 years ago.

9. Feb 24 The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien Wonderful book. It's now among my favorites. I can't believe that I've never read these books before.

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11903 comments Hope you had fun getting lost in pages this first month of the year!

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne  (arl0401) | 246 comments Blagica wrote: "Hope you had fun getting lost in pages this first month of the year!"

Thank you!

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Nice on track I see! Which one was your favourite?

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne  (arl0401) | 246 comments Susy wrote: "Nice on track I see! Which one was your favourite?"

I wouldn't really rank any as favorites. Probably learned the most from Dreamland. The Court novels were recommended to me by my daughter. They were escapist fun, but not my style. I'm hoping to get to some better reading soon.

message 10: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Fingers crossed!

message 11: by Anne (last edited Mar 17, 2018 01:48PM) (new)

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11903 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne  (arl0401) | 246 comments Blagica wrote: "You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you."

Thanks so much!

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11903 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11903 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! Awesome job so far!

message 20: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11903 comments Hoping July is full of page turning and falling in love with a new book!

message 24: by Anne (last edited Nov 26, 2018 06:10PM) (new)

message 26: by Anne (new)

Anne  (arl0401) | 246 comments It was a good year for reading, working part time helps!

Here is my read-in-2018 shelf;
read-in-2018