2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Lulu's 2018 Challenge: 45 books

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lulu (new)

Lulu My challenge for 2018 is to read a total of 45 books. I really want to focus on reading more books by authors of color, more nonfiction, and more books of poetry. I'm excited to get started!

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Lulu wrote: "My challenge for 2018 is to read a total of 45 books. ...I'm excited to get started!"

Wishing you the best of luck Lulu & above all, happy reading!!

message 3: by Lulu (new)

Lulu Susy wrote: "Lulu wrote: "My challenge for 2018 is to read a total of 45 books. ...I'm excited to get started!"

Wishing you the best of luck Lulu & above all, happy reading!!"

Thanks!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 5: by Lulu (new)

Lulu 1/45 Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore

This book really disappointed me. I had been looking forward to reading it and heard such good things, but ultimately, it just didn't deliver. The premise was interesting, but the characters were flat and shallow and the writing was juvenile. I think it would have benefited from a strong editor.

Rating: 2/5

message 6: by Lulu (new)

Lulu 2/45 Love in the Time of Cholera

Beautiful writing, strong characters, a real sense of place - I just can't get over the creep factor, especially the affair with the young girl.

Rating: 2/5

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments Hoping your first month was a success! Congratulations on your first three books!

message 8: by Lulu (new)

Lulu 3/45 - Fingersmith - I liked the first half of this, but I felt it wasn't as strong in the latter half. Overall a pretty interesting read, though.

4/45 - Ceremony - Absolutely stunning and beautiful. This book is an experience.

5/45 - A Discovery of Witches - I kind of hated this. The premise was interesting but the execution was eye-rollingly bad.

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments You are doing great. Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 10: by Lulu (new)

Lulu Thanks!

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!

message 13: by Lulu (new)

Lulu Thanks, Blagica! I needed that this week.

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!