Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > January 2018 ~ Pick for Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 163 (163 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Grey (last edited Feb 12, 2018 01:58PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Pick for Me Challenge!!!

It's that time again. Hip Hip Hooray!

1. Create a new shelf, or update the existing shelf on your Goodreads profile, that includes approximately 20 books that you would like to have someone else use to pick a book for you to read. Label it "Pick For Me." Only books from this designated shelf will be selected for this challenge, (no matter how badly some of us want to pick something else)!

2. Post in this thread that you want to participate this month.

3. Provide the link to your Pick For Me shelf, (mostly because of the links being in last year's folder, this will make it a bit easier for all parties involved... unless you all really *want* to read Arsen *grin*)

4. On the last day of the month, Fabi/Kooloo will use the randomizer to pair up everyone. (Or worst case scenario, Grey will pick for everyone, and you *know* what that means, LOL!)

5. Friend your partner who is picking for you or set your profile to public or your partner will not be able to access your shelf.

6. Post your selection for your partner in this thread.

7. Come back after finishing the book selected for you by your partner (even if it's after the month has ended) and let everybody know what you think about it.

The sign up period will remain open until pairs are posted on December 31st and you'll have until January 4th to select a book for your partner.

Sample shelf: Grey's Pick For Me

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

January 2018 Pairings

Lisa picks for Leslie Leslie's Pick For Me Shelf

Paula picks for Melinda Melinda's Pick For Me Shelf

Melinda picks for Jean Jean's Pick For Me Shelf

Ela picks for Paula Paula's Pick For Me Shelf

Tessa picks for Lisa Lisa's Pick For Me Shelf

Jan picks for Grey Grey's Pick For Me Shelf

Grey picks for Renee Renee's Pick For Me Shelf

Leslie picks for Jan Jan's Pick For Me Shelf

Jean picks for Tessa Tessa's Pick For Me Shelf

Renee picks for Kooloo Kooloo's Pick For Me Shelf

Kooloo picks for Ela Ela's Pick For Me Shelf

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

January 2018 Book Chosen and Results

Lisa picked Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry for Leslie; Leslie rated as 5+ stars!

Paula picked Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard for Melinda; Melinda DNF-ed, so she too read Behind the Bars and also 5 star loved it.

Melinda picked The Mason List by S.D. Hendrickson for Jean; Jean rated as 5 stars!

Ela picked Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher for Paula; Paula rated as 2.5 stars (and Grey nearly died...)

Tessa picked The Pawn (Endgame, #1) by Skye Warren for Lisa; Lisa rated as 3.5 stars.

Jan picked Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs for Grey; Grey rated as 4 stars.

Grey picked The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid for Renee; Renee rated as

Leslie picked Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells by S. Ann Cole for Jan; Jan rated as DNF

Jean picked The Wrecked and Ruined Series Box Set (Wrecked and Ruined #1-3) by Aly Martinez for Tessa; Tessa rated as

Renee cheated and picked 2 books for Kooloo! Book 1 It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover and Kooloo rated as 5 plus stars!! ; and then Book 2 Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover and Kooloo is hitting the pause as she's a bit raw from the CoHo storm (weren't we all??)

Kooloo picked On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta for Ela; Ela rated as

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I want in...can I use same shelf as before??? Do you need a new link?

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Count me in! Just about to start Decembers!
Just finished book 5 & 6 of the Carter Kids by Chloe Walsh - I would recommend them but you have to start with book 1

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1025 comments Yes, finally back on board. OMG Christmas with my crazy fam is insane. I’m in too.
I will update my shelf.

message 5: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments I’m in

message 6: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in even though I still have to read Comfort Food. :) I will read it though! I've yet to not do so. :)

message 7: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Ditto what Tessa said, but in my case It's a Long Way To A Small Angry Planet I haven't read yet (my Dec PFM).

message 8: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
yes please, if you guys could re-post your links for your pick for me shelf that would be super helpful! thank you!!

message 10: by Leslie (last edited Dec 28, 2017 04:41AM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am in and will update my shelf before the deadline. 😁

Leslie's Pick for Me

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Here's my link for my pick for me shelf

message 13: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm in! And I've given my list an overhaul:

Renee's Pick For Me

message 14: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments I'm so behind! I think I'm just going to randomly drop in to this one on some months. I want to spend the first few months of the year catching up somewhat.

message 15: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

I'm redoing the list a little. It needs it.

message 16: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in too!! Here's my list......might need to update it a little.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 17: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I am in, obviously, but I need to completely revamp my Pick-for-Me list, as it is currently empty. LOL!

message 18: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Ha ha Grey. Yes, you'd better attend to that.

Here's mine. Still kinda same old with books that are STILL on my tbr. I adjust it now and then, but these are books I still wanna read.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 19: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1025 comments I'm in too.

message 20: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
bump, bump, bump! anyone else interested in participating?? Kooloo? Robin?

message 21: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Kooloo are you still doing the random name draw?

message 22: by Nay (last edited Dec 31, 2017 11:46AM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Kooloo's aunt who was staying with her (who had cancer) passed away yesterday, so she's taking a day to just rest and read.

She's going to send me the pairs.

I'll be back in a few...

message 23: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments My deepest condolences Kooloo. I'm so sorry for your loss. 😔

message 24: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Grey--I just messaged you. I'm kinda confused, but if it's ok, I'll send you the pairs when I get them from Kooloo? (I guess y'all had an arrangement for her to pick?) I've been hearing that Kooloo was picking, but I just realized that you started the thread! lol

message 25: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Oh Kooloo, so sorry! Hope you are ok. *big hugs*

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Kooloo I am sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself.

message 27: by Nay (last edited Dec 31, 2017 12:28PM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Robin's waiting until next month, so I guess we're ready. Is there anyone else we need to wait to hear from?

message 28: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I've got:

Lisa
Paula
Melinda
Ela
Tessa
Jan
Grey
Leslie
Jean
Renee
Kooloo

Is that it??

message 29: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments No Fabi? Unless Kooloo told you she was, there is no "yes" in this thread. Otherwise, list looks good.

message 30: by Nay (last edited Dec 31, 2017 12:37PM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Fabi's skipping this month. I'll let Kooloo include herself if she's going to do it and remind her she needs to post her list.

As soon as I hear from Grey, I'll get movin'!

I'm sending the names to Kooloo and then I'll send them to Grey in a PM.

message 31: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments So sorry for your loss Kooloo.

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments So sorry, Kooloo...warm heart hugs!!!

message 33: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
So sorry for your loss, Kooloo. **hugs**

Yep, just let me know and I'll post the list in the original thread!

message 34: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments *hugs* Many prayers Kooloo.

message 35: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Should be any time. I just told Grey that the anticipation is killing me!

message 36: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Well... while we wait... The Honoree for the January 2018 ATF challenge has been posted!

message 37: by Grey (last edited Dec 31, 2017 03:51PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
January 2018 Pairings

Lisa picks for Leslie Leslie's Pick For Me Shelf

Paula picks for Melinda Melinda's Pick For Me Shelf

Melinda picks for Jean Jean's Pick For Me Shelf

Ela picks for Paula Paula's Pick For Me Shelf

Tessa picks for Lisa Lisa's Pick For Me Shelf

Jan picks for Grey Grey's Pick For Me Shelf

Grey picks for Renee Renee's Pick For Me Shelf

Leslie picks for Jan Jan's Pick For Me Shelf

Jean picks for Tessa Tessa's Pick For Me Shelf

Renee picks for Kooloo Kooloo's Pick For Me Shelf

Kooloo picks for Ela Ela's Pick For Me Shelf

message 38: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Jan if you could give me a bit before you pick mine.... I need to add a few more books to my shelf! Please and thank you!

message 39: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Leslie, I pick Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry for you. Enioy..I have heard great things about it!!

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Jan, easy to pick for you! YES, Mr. Van Der Wellls Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells by S. Ann Cole I am reading this now as one of Lisa's All Time Fave's in the other challenge. Yay! 🤓

message 41: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Grey wrote: "Jan if you could give me a bit before you pick mine.... I need to add a few more books to my shelf! Please and thank you!"

No worries as we say down here. What if I leave it till tomorrow?

message 42: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments OMG, Leslie! You are on the ball! You already started? You're reading two books I want to read badly! I can't wait to read Behind the Bars.

Curse you, you reading Shlump!

message 43: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Leslie wrote: "Jan, easy to pick for you! YES, Mr. Van Der Wellls Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells by S. Ann Cole I am reading this now as one of Lisa's All Time Fave's in the other challenge. Yay! 🤓"

Thank you. *hugs Leslie* I've been wanting to read this for a while. No idea why I kept putting it off......

message 44: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Lisa wrote: "Leslie, I pick Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry for you. Enioy..I have heard great things about it!!"

Thanks Lisa, I wanted to read that one this month.

message 45: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Kooloo so sorry for your loss. *gently hugs Kooloo* Thoughts are with you.

message 46: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Jan130 wrote: "Grey wrote: "Jan if you could give me a bit before you pick mine.... I need to add a few more books to my shelf! Please and thank you!"

No worries as we say down here. What if I leave it till tomorrow..."

I just needed to get the posts updated and such...and I had to help one of my writer friends with a blurb, but I am in the process of updating it right now haha!

message 47: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ooooh, another no brainer for me!

For Kooloo, I pick: It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

**And Kooloo, since you are a reading overachiever, for bonus points, I'd like to offer you a CoHo twofer because as a well-rounded reader, you NEED to read, you MUST read: Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover

message 48: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Nay, I am with you sister! *fist bumps*

No self respecting romance reader should still have Slammed or It Ends With US unread!!! 🤤

*sideyes Lisa* 😒

message 49: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Hahaha Well, I pick for Lisa The Pawn by Skye Warren because I just finished the series 2 months ago and it was just full of angst and the need to shoot someone.

message 50: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Tessa wrote: "Hahaha Well, I pick for Lisa The Pawn by Skye Warren because I just finished the series 2 months ago and it was just full of angst and the need to shoot someone."

You know the way to my heart, girl!!!!

« previous 1 3 4