Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > TBR Challenge ~January 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Ok everyone! I am opening up the threads. Hard to believe here we are on the 26th of December 2017!

The only *rule* for this challenge is that you have to pick a book from your TBR (to be read) file. We want to decrease the size of our back lists, hence the challenge.

For January 2018, I combined two of our group's members choices into one theme... so this month, Tessa & Melinda's pick ~ Music, Rock Star or Movie Star Theme!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I cant believe i am saying this since i am barely reading one a month, but I will choose two. A music and a movie one.

To Love Jason Thorne is movie star right?
Music: What the Librarian Did. I have meant to read this one so many times.

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Bev you will love "to love Jason Thorn"

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Oooh I will need to take a look - I must have some on my TBR...

message 5: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Can someone pick a book for me?

message 6: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments bev wrote: "I cant believe i am saying this since i am barely reading one a month, but I will choose two. A music and a movie one.

To Love Jason Thorne is movie star right?
Music: What the Librarian Did. I h..."

He is! That book had me smiling so much.

message 7: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'll read Robin's book when it comes out. Until then, I'll also read Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story) by Lisa Loomis since I bought it a long time ago and still haven't touched it.

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am doing Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1) by Robin Hill

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments urghhh over 4000 books on my TBR list - how am I supposed to spot whether it is the right theme???

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments OK the GR lists came in handy for this one, I will obviously read Robin's when I get my hands on it but I will also read Eversea (Butler Cove, #1) by Natasha Boyd

message 11: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Um? Carefully?

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Ghosted

This will be my pick for January!!!

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments You guys are awesome! I know there's a BR thread and as soon as soon as I have the final ARCs ready, I'll jump on there and let you know. But then I'm going to unfollow it so you can talk freely. At this point, I just don't need to know. 😆 I send it to my formatter Friday at the absolute latest and I'm not sure how long she takes but it can't be more than a week. Hopefully she sends me a mobi file back I can distribute, but I'm still a little fuzzy on how this all works. Asking my writer friends is like asking grandma for her chicken and dumplins recipe. They explain it like you already know what they're talking about.

message 14: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Fine, I am choosing Music of the Heart (Runaway Train, #1)
by Katie Ashley

message 15: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in this one too.....I just have to figure out which book I'm going to read. I know I have tons of rock star books I haven't read yet.

message 16: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments So Robin, can you tell me how to cook chicken and dumplings?? 😉😆😊

message 17: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Leslie wrote: "So Robin, can you tell me how to cook chicken and dumplings?? 😉😆😊"

Drive to Cracker Barrel and place an order. You're welcome! My grandmother's took ALL DAMN DAY.

message 18: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Sure. It's more than 200 miles away, but sure. :P

message 19: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Tessa wrote: "Sure. It's more than 200 miles away, but sure. :P"

Still, it would probably take less time! 😂

message 20: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Lisa wrote: "Ghosted

This will be my pick for January!!!"

I missed this thread! Ghosted is my January pick too!

message 21: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Robin wrote: "You guys are awesome! I know there's a BR thread and as soon as soon as I have the final ARCs ready, I'll jump on there and let you know. But then I'm going to unfollow it so you can talk freely. A..."

description

message 22: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Not so patiently waiting for Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1) by Robin Hill

😜

message 23: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments I love you guys! ❤❤❤

message 24: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Leslie wrote: "Not so patiently waiting for Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1) by Robin Hill

😜"

It'll be SO worth the wait!!

message 25: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I finished and loved my music themed book. Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1) by Robin Hill

5 *****

*tosses grey's glitter*

message 26: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments If anyone is looking for more music themed book recs (in addition to Robin's awesome book), I highly recommend Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry

message 27: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments oooh Leslie - that is on KU and I love those type of books!

message 28: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments 3.5* for Eversea but I have to read the next one now and I had to buy book 4 - so one off my TBR and one new purchase !

message 29: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Yep, Leslie that what I read Behind the Bars

5* Stars fantastic

Paula, Jean this one is for you

message 30: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok, Melinda....how much did you cry?

message 31: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments It was sooo emotional. Loved it. Didn’t cry. But I really needed a good book. Haven’t read one in ages.

message 32: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Melinda, you are a tough cookie! I cant believe you didnt cry.

message 33: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Melinda, I had a feeling that book would be for me. I've loved all Brittainy's other books! Have to move this one up on my TBR!

message 34: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I FINALLY got started with Boy in a Band. I realized I'm really hesitant with a book that started between the 60s-80s, and this starts in 1973. Even odder, the heroine is the same age as my sister in law. (WEIRD!) Then top it off, it is in San Jose, the city next to me, where she was born and raised. It's a weird trip.

message 35: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments YUP Music of the Heart DNF...

message 36: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Awww Ela, that sucks! I loved that series. But of course I read it a long time ago and I think my tastes have changed.....

message 37: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Jean wrote: "Awww Ela, that sucks! I loved that series. But of course I read it a long time ago and I think my tastes have changed....."

Yeah....sick of the virgin, insta love, and screwing everyone else rockstar books...

message 38: by Nay (last edited Jan 20, 2018 10:35AM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela wrote: "YUP Music of the Heart DNF..."

I guess I was sick of that stuff when I read it too, because I also dnf'd it.

message 39: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Renee wrote: "Ela wrote: "YUP Music of the Heart DNF..."

I guess I was sick of that stuff when I read it too, because I also dnf'd it."

*high fives Nay Nay*

message 40: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Those books are what I label "the chick with the platinum diamond encrusted vagina (cunt)"

message 41: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Ok so one more off your TBRs and now you can move on!

message 42: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Lmao Ela!

message 43: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
well I read 2 rock star books in January, Woot Woot. one challenge I'm not epically failing at. hahaha😂

message 44: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Were they good Grey? which ones? I love those books.

message 45: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I read Robin's and Midnight Blue and yep 😘

message 46: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments I’m reading Robin’s at the moment and I’m really really enjoying it. She is sooo talented. I’m so envious she can write so well.

message 47: by Nay (last edited Jan 20, 2018 02:36PM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Grey--you're already finished with Midnight Blue? How was it???

ETA: NM; I found your review

message 48: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments Melinda wrote: "I’m reading Robin’s at the moment and I’m really really enjoying it. She is sooo talented. I’m so envious she can write so well."

😭😭😭😘😘😘🤗🤗🤗

message 49: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Oh no, I have had Music of the Heart on my TBR since 2013. I probably need to do a TBR purge. There are probably hundreds on there I am not interested in anymore.

message 50: by Kooloo (last edited Jan 20, 2018 04:33PM) (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Ela wrote: "YUP Music of the Heart DNF..."

Ha
I could have called that one

« previous 1 3