What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suspicion
This topic is about Suspicion
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book-- 2010s-- Girl is sent off to a summer house because her cousin died. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Dec 26, 2017 07:59AM) (new) - added it

Christina | 3 comments YA book-- 2010s-- Girl is sent off to a summer house because her cousin died but she finds out that the cousin is hiding as the maid. Then the protagonist falls in love with the cousin's ex, they all try to hide out who wants/wanted to kill the cousin who is a princess (I think I'm not sure, but she's important somehow.) Then they try to frame the ex-Boyfriend.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Ok, why did they try to frame the ex-boyfriend--and who's ex-boyfriend? When is this set? Where is it set? Do they actually find out who really did it--and whoever it was is too important for some reason for them to turn-in, so that's why they try to frame the ex-boyfriend? No idea what your book is, but I think I want to read it now. :o)

message 3: by Kris (last edited Dec 27, 2017 08:22AM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
How to Fall by Jane Casey turned up while searching, but the heroine looks similar to the cousin.

Christina, how did her cousin supposedly die? Did the heroine know her cousin very well before this event?

What's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

Added a spoiler alert to the topic header.

message 4: by Andria (last edited Dec 27, 2017 11:24AM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Suspicion, perhaps?

from Booklist review: "Imogen Rockford has been living in New York City with her guardians since a tragic fire at her family’s home in the English countryside left her orphaned at age 10. Now 17, she learns that both her grandfather and her cousin have died, leaving her the sole heir to Rockford Manor. She reluctantly agrees to move back to the estate and accept the title that comes with it. Once there, Imogen must learn how to be a duchess in an atmosphere of growing mystery and suspicion. Further complicating matters is the sudden reappearance of magical powers Imogen barely remembers from childhood, which might indicate that she is the descendant of an ancestor hanged for witchcraft in the nineteenth century. The return of the boy next door she fell in love with as a child, the former boyfriend of her dead cousin , adds to her confusion."

message 5: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina | 3 comments Andria wrote: "Suspicion, perhaps?

from Booklist review: "Imogen Rockford has been living in New York City with her guardians since a tragic fire at her family’s home in the English countryside l..."

Yes, thank you so much!!! I haven't read it in a while, and I completely forgot about the magical aspect.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

How to Fall (other topics)
Suspicion (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jane Casey (other topics)