Reading List Completists discussion

Gone with the Wind
This topic is about Gone with the Wind
Gone With The Wind > General Discussion - Gone With The Wind

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1680 comments Mod
This thread is for general discussion about our January-March 2018 big read selection Gone With The Wind. There will be other threads to break down the book into smaller sections coming in 2018!

Elaine | 1 comments I am very happy to see this book listed for general discussion. I have always loved the lyrical way in which the author provides insights on everything large and small, social mores, changing beliefs, expectations about men and women's behavior. Margaret Mitchell did much more than create one of the most interesting female main characters of the time, she created a standard for large sweeping novels that show us the interplay between people and the time that they are living in.

Melissa (mbenfer) | 5 comments GWTW is one of my all-time favorite novels. I remember watching the movie at my grandmother’s house on VHS over and over and over. It took more than one VHS tape lol... I have lost count of how many times I have read the book. I did reread it the summer before my wedding, wanting to be reading something special during all of the events. I took Scarlett, the ‘sequel,’ with me on my honeymoon. The book lasted; the marriage, not so much. :-)

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol | 57 comments Melissa wrote: "GWTW is one of my all-time favorite novels....The book lasted; the marriage, not so much. :-) .."

Well, fiddle-dee-dee! :-)

message 5: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (last edited Mar 31, 2018 10:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1680 comments Mod
Finshed this past week - truly a classic!

Click here for my review