This topic is about Rosemarked
Archive - Past Group Reads > Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3879 comments Mod
Rosemarked (Rosemarked #1) by Livia Blackburne

A healer who cannot be healed . . .

When Zivah falls prey to the deadly rose plague, she knows it’s only a matter of time before she fully succumbs. Now she’s destined to live her last days in isolation, cut off from her people and unable to practice her art—until a threat to her village creates a need that only she can fill.

A soldier shattered by war . . .

Broken by torture at the hands of the Amparan Empire, Dineas thirsts for revenge against his captors. Now escaped and reunited with his tribe, he’ll do anything to free them from Amparan rule—even if it means undertaking a plan that risks not only his life but his very self.

Thrust together on a high-stakes mission to spy on the capital, the two couldn’t be more different: Zivah, deeply committed to her vow of healing, and Dineas, yearning for vengeance. But as they grow closer, they must find common ground to protect those they love. And amidst the constant fear of discovery, the two grapple with a mutual attraction that could break both of their carefully guarded hearts.

This smart, sweeping fantasy with a political edge and a slow-burning romance will capture fans of The Lumatere Chronicles and An Ember in the Ashes.

Start Date: January 1st, 2018

message 2: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3879 comments Mod
I'm excited to start this one! I got it in my Book of the Month package and I haven't had a chance to open it yet.

message 3: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments has anyone started this one?

message 4: by Brie (new)

Brie | 568 comments I started it last week but could just not get into it. I'm not sure if it was me or the book though..

message 5: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3879 comments Mod
I'm planning on starting it this weekend.

message 6: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments library didn't have it so I am deciding on if it is worth buying. Sara let me know if you are able to get into it.
Brie, how far did you get?

message 7: by Brie (new)

Brie | 568 comments I think just a couple chapters. It reminds me a bit of Three Dark Crowns, the testing to be a healer and such, but that's about as far as I made it.

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3879 comments Mod
I'll let you know how it is Brandy. I'll try to get through at least 5 chapters so that the plot will have begun.

message 9: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3879 comments Mod
Okay, I started last night. Not very far in yet, but so far we've got a girl named Zivah who becomes the youngest Healer in town only to immediately be in touch with the Rose Plague on the night of her "Yay I'm a healer" party.

Suzanne (Fiction, Stardust, PinkiePie) | 5 comments Thanks Sara and hello everyone, I am also struggling to download it as I read mixed oppinions about the book. So please keep us updated :) I really need something brilliant - or at least better than 3 stars average.

message 11: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments So far it doesn't sound like it is worth a credit. I had high hopes that it would be awesome.

message 12: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3879 comments Mod
I'll definitely keep you guys updated. So far it seems like a 3 star, but I'll let you know as I get further.

Trina Collins (duskvamp) | 234 comments just requested from the library

Trina Collins (duskvamp) | 234 comments it was better than I expected it to be

message 15: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 3879 comments Mod
That's good to know! 4 stars? I better finish it then.