Play Book Tag discussion

The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat
December 2017: Social Issues > The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore - 5 STars and a <3

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Regina Lindsey | 1005 comments Odette, Clarice, and Barbara Jean formed an unlikely friendship in school during the tumultous 60's and became known around town as "The Supremes". The friendship continues throughout their life as they celebrate life's triumpsh and lean on each other through the punches life throws us all. The books starts with belly-clenching laughter and you may begin with the sense that there is not a lot of dephth to the story but you'd be wrong. The women are well-drawn and their relationship and lives are complex and interesting. There is laughter but there is alos tears. I can't recommend this booik enough. All I can say is everyone needs a friend like Odette in their life!

Ellen | 2095 comments One of my absolute favorites! The sequel is not quite as good but I enjoyed it anyway.

Regina Lindsey | 1005 comments I didn’t realize there was a sequel

Ellen | 2095 comments It’s called “The supremes Sing the Happy Heartache Blues”.