Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Brandon Sanderson
This topic is about Brandon Sanderson
Archive [General] > To all the STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE fans!!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zuné (new)

Zuné Pallister | 12 comments I am confused & need help..

Right, so. I bought the first book in the series (The Way of Kings) which was 1124 pages long & consisted of Five Parts about 2 months ago. Then I stared seeing here on Goodreads that there is in fact a Part Two of The Way of Kings &, not knowing any better, my husband bought it for me for Christmas (bless him for all the research he did) only to find that I've read the whole thing already as it consisted of only Parts 3 to 5. Facepalm.
So what I want to know is whether or not the case will be the same for Words of Radiance? I currently have Part One which consists of 653 pages.

message 2: by Samir (last edited Dec 26, 2017 07:04AM) (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments There are UK (Gollanz) versions of the book which come in two parts so if you own Part One, you'll have to buy the second part for the complete story.

If I'm right you own this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

And you need to buy this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 3: by Zuné (new)

Zuné Pallister | 12 comments Okay cool, thanks. It's weird that both versions are available in the UK as it makes it confusing especially for people who have no prior knowledge of the books.

message 4: by Zuné (new)

Zuné Pallister | 12 comments Samir wrote: "There are UK (Gollanz) versions of the book which come in two parts so if you own Part One, you'll have to buy the second part for the complete story.

If I'm right you own this one: https://www.go..."

Yes you are indeed correct, thank you!!

message 5: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments You're welcome! I hope you'll have fun reading them. :)

message 6: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14893 comments I thought UK only had the 2 part version... people getting the single volume were getting a US copy or another copy... as I understand, it's a binding issue with publishers... altho maybe they were able to do single volume when the paperback came out versus 2 part hardcovers?

message 7: by Zuné (new)

Zuné Pallister | 12 comments Iain wrote: "I thought UK only had the 2 part version... people getting the single volume were getting a US copy or another copy... as I understand, it's a binding issue with publishers... altho maybe they were..."
I am glad that I am not the only one who seems confused! I think they maybe should have just stuck with one version regardless of the material so that cases like mine don't happen.

message 8: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments It's actually weird cos oathbringer was released as one book which is a bit stupid but I think they might split it in the paperbacks

message 9: by Zuné (new)

Zuné Pallister | 12 comments Ahdam wrote: "It's actually weird cos oathbringer was released as one book which is a bit stupid but I think they might split it in the paperbacks"
The confusion is real. I'd prefer having a single book instead of it being split up, but either way my collection is going to look a little weird now. Doesn't really matter though :)

message 10: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments They're one book in hardback and two in paperback. Same as some of George RR Martins. Too big for paperback binding!