The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Chat > Changes for 2018??

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoAnne (last edited Dec 26, 2017 06:35AM) (new)

JoAnne | 41001 comments Mod
Anyone making any changes in their real life in 2018?

One new member said she was making a diet change for 2018. I'm going to do whole30 starting Jan 2nd, in case I decide to make Hoppin' John for New Year's Day! I gotta get off sugar and wheat.

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Good luck with Whole30 JoAnne.

We have a temporary change for our family. My husband is in the Navy and is getting posted to Sydney to a ship (about 3 hours drive from where we are based.)

The sweet thing is that the Navy pay for a city apartment for him so that allows us to visit whenever we want.

I am also starting university so this is going to be a busy year for us all.

message 3: by JoAnne (last edited Dec 27, 2017 12:46PM) (new)

My dad was in the US Navy. He was never on a ship! He was an airplane mechanic.

I got "sick" at the end of the year we lived in Italy. I saw the doctor the day before we left. He said it was gastritis. I was so bloated and uncomfortable. I found the Primal diet and did it for a couple of years and finally felt so much better. I have been doing a 75/25 primal since then but lately I have been eating too much wheat and sugar. I need a kick start back into it again.

I lost about 12-15 lbs when I broke my ankle in May. Some of it was the muscle mass I lost from not being able to really get around and having my lower leg in a cast and boot for over 3 months. But I have been slacking and just grabbing whatever to eat. I have gained 10 lbs back.

message 4: by Sonja (new)

Sonja | 8 comments I am not sure that it will anything drastic but I am also in for the weight loss! Just something to feel and look better!
When you are stay at home mom you tend to forget yourself so that is my goal now that kids are older, pay attention to myself.

message 5: by JoAnne (new)

That is so true Sonja!

message 6: by JoAnne (new)

I went out grocery shopping so I have stuff to start on the 1st. I don't know when I'll get the car again! LOL

I wanted to go out to Earth Fare but I did not want to fight the traffic at the huge mall it's near.
I got to the library and picked a couple books for challenges for next month too.

message 7: by Bonita (new)

Bonita | 694 comments Good luck, JoAnne and Sonja! I'm planning to try to eat healthier and less/exercise more, but later in the month. My husband and I are taking our first cruise (leaving the 7th), and I know there will be no serious dieting going on! I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff this week before we leave. I read The Art of Discarding How to Get Rid of Clutter and Find Joy by Nagisa Tatsumi The Art of Discarding: How to Get Rid of Clutter and Find Joy which has me in a major decluttering mood!

message 8: by JoAnne (new)

We had a big move in 2009 and got rid of almost everything we owned. Just moved again in April and got rid of a bunch again. Maybe that's what moving is for! HA

Good Luck and have a GREAT time on the cruise!

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie JoAnne wrote: "My dad was in the US Navy. He was never on a ship! He was an airplane mechanic. "

My husband is an aviation technician working with helicopters however now he is a management position with a team working under him so not as hands on with the maintenance.

message 10: by JoAnne (new)

When we lived in Guam (in the early 70s), my dad made chief and got to boss the men around. Didn't come home dirty anymore.