What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Time Travel Fantasy, main character dies at the start of the book and then is resurrected to find he has magical abilities

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amazonian (new)

Amazonian Primess | 2 comments I can't remember for the life of me a title to a book I read ages ago and really want to reread. I can't recall the plotline at all really, but the main character dies at the start of the book and then is resurrected to find he has magical abilities. He can hold an object and look into it's 'history' (i.e. the places it's been and when it was there). He can also travel to specific places and times along that history.

The other characters have abilities themed around the elements (i.e. controlling fire) and one can heal if I recall correctly?

Sorry for the vagueness I read it around 8 years ago so can't remember it for the life of me.

Thanks for any help!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
What age range is it aimed at? Does the book explain how he is resurrected? Miracle, it's part of what makes him "special" (i.e. to have the extra powers you have to die and come back from the dead), they got him to the hospital in time and the doctors were able to restart his heart, etc. Was it a standalone or part of a series?

message 3: by Amazonian (new)

Amazonian Primess | 2 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "What age range is it aimed at? Does the book explain how he is resurrected? Miracle, it's part of what makes him "special" (i.e. to have the extra powers you have to die and come back from the dead..."

It was a part of a series I'm pretty sure, and I think that when he 'died' he was "teleported" away to some effect? I have no clue on the age range but I'd imagine teen/young adult.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Dec 27, 2017 08:30AM) (new)

Kris | 34456 comments Mod
Amazonian, is this book for young adults (teens) or older adults? About how old is the hero?

How does he die at the start of the book?

How does he time travel? What's his goal/purpose?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Amazonian, are you still looking for this or did you find it?