What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fiction: Boy and a girl in a play and the girl writes in a journal a lot

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Nguyen | 1 comments Book is about a boy who falls in love with the new girl in his high school as they bond over plays and journal writing. They get cast together in their high school's play production. In the play there's a scene where characters are sword fighting on the Hollywood sign. There are also hints throughout the book where the girl may be unhinged.

The book cover from what I remember was mostly red, with the two main characters embracing embracing each other on a stage, with their faces covered with no light shining on them.

I read this book between 2004-2008 I believe.

There's a spoiler that I believe may help aide in figuring out the title of the book, but I do not want to post it per discussion rules. If you would like said spoilers please feel free to message me. Thank you xx

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Richard, spoilers are fine in the comments (but not the header). Just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Possibly Caught in the Act?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Andria's suggestion of Caught in the Act by Peter Moore matches your description. What do you think? Caught in the Act by Peter Moore

Some Goodreads reviewers say, "This book is about two teenagers falling in what they think is love. The new girl in school is an outcast but the boy doesn't care. He like her right from the start and broke up with his girl friend for her. Then as things get more into their relationship he figures out that she's crazy." | "Ethan gets the lead in the play opposite Lydia."

Quotes from the book: All morning, Lydia totally avoided eye contact with me in all our classes. She just wrote in that green journal and kept to herself. | "Our play this fall with be Hollywood Macbeth... | "Our story of ambition, lust, and power run amuck takes place on the Hollywood set of an action movie." | "He slashed down at me with his sword, and I blocked it with mine... He made the stab with the dagger."

Here is the Amazon Look Inside preview - https://www.amazon.com/Caught-Act-Pet...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Richard, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Caught in the Act (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peter Moore (other topics)