Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Available to review!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin Hi there,

I'm launching a review section on my author website/blog and am now looking for books to read in the horror/mystery/thriller/suspense genre.

Preferably short-reads, like novelettes and novellas (but anything goes.)

The site currently gets a few thousand views a month, and this will continue to increase. (www.melinasvoice.com)

I'd prefer if your book is available on amazon for free using kindle unlimited, but if not, I'd be happy to have you send me a pdf (melinasvoicereviews@gmail.com)

M. M. Wedin

message 2: by Deb (new)

Deb McEwan (goodreadscomdeb_mcewan) | 2 comments Hi Melina,
I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Do you think you might like 'Beyond Death', #1 of my Afterlife series? It's about 65k words long and is in Kindle Unlimited. Here's the link in case you're interested and the short blurb follows: http://smarturl.it/nvflvi

"THE SINGLE MOST LIFE-CHANGING EVENT IS DEATH.
As twenty-something Claire Sylvester is about to discover.
In London, she says goodbye to the man she adores then disaster strikes.

Claire is suspended in her mysterious new world. She watches as the secret lives of those she loves unravels, and sadistic villains are punished on the road to their own personal hell.

All the while a higher authority ponders her ultimate fate.

More than Claire knows depends on her actions and those of the unlikely partner who accompanied her on her journey.

What will be her final destination?

Beyond Death - a supernatural thriller of love and loss, deceit and revenge, with a pinch of romance and dark humour."

Best wishes,

Deb McEwan

message 3: by Marco (new)

Marco Etheridge | 5 comments Dear Melina,

My name is Marco Etheridge, and my novel "The Best Dark Rain: A Post-Apocalyptic Struggle for Life and Love" has just been published on Amazon. I am seeking reviews for my novel. Given your profile and listing on Goodreads, I thought it might be of interest to you. I do not have any specific timeline or deadline for a review.

The Best Dark Rain is a story about two people trying to survive while keeping their relationship alive. There is precious little room for love in a dead city, a dead world. For not quite everyone died. Better if they had. Armed bands stalk the streets. In the shadows worse enemies prowl, horrible enemies. At the center of this bleak urban waste lies a makeshift fort. It is the refuge of Liz Walker and Pat O’Shea. They are the last living couple in the shell of what was once Seattle.

Here on these dead streets a woman and a man must learn to love and fight. They bear weapons scavenged from the dead. Each of them carries the shadow of a past that could threaten their future.

Amid murderous survivors and unlikely allies, the threat of hunters and the danger of trusting, Liz and Pat must battle for their lives. The stakes are high. For they must protect their new-found love as well as their lives. To lose either means to face alone this horrific world.

The Best Dark Rain: A Post-Apocalyptic Struggle for Life and Love
Science Fiction & Fantasy > Post-Apocalyptic > Dystopian > Horror

ISBN: 978-1973343547 (paperback)

ASIN: B0784B4W6N (for Kindle)
Publications date: November 22, 2017
347 pages, approximately 113,000 words.

Currently available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1973343541
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

I write a cultural and political blog as well as multiple travel blogs. My website is www.marcoetheridgeFiction.com and my blog site is www.newland-newtale.blogspot.com. You can also find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SerialZtheNovel/.

The novel is available on Kindle Unlimited.

Thank you for your time! I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Marco Etheridge

message 4: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin Hi Deb and Marco.

Since it is kindle unlimited, yes, I will add your books to my shelf, I read it there much quicker than a pdf, as I can read at work.

I have yours, plus another novel I'm reading at the moment, so there will be a review, just have patience with me! :)

Thanks!

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb McEwan (goodreadscomdeb_mcewan) | 2 comments Hi Melina,

Thanks for that, I hope you enjoy it!

Happy New Year to you - have a good one, whatever your plans.

Deb

message 6: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin Deb wrote: "Hi Melina,
I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Do you think you might like 'Beyond Death', #1 of my Afterlife series? It's about 65k words long and is in Kindle Unlimited. Here's the link in case y..."

Hi Again Marco,

Do you mind sending me your email so I can update you on the review? :)

message 7: by Carolyn (last edited Dec 31, 2017 01:46PM) (new)

Carolyn Walker (carolynmwalker) | 5 comments Hi Melina!

I would love a review of my debut novel Immortal Descent! It is a supernatural psychological thriller. Would you be interested in that? It's about 80k. I am so excited for this book! I can get you a PDF version of it if you would like. This would be an advanced copy because it releases April 3, 2018! Please let me know what I may need to get to you and where.

Thanks!

Carolyn

message 8: by Adele (new)

Adele Rose (adelerose) | 7 comments Hi Melina,

I wondered if you would be at all interested in reviewing the first novel in my YA Fantasy series - Awakening. You can currently find it on Amazon in ebook format and it is part of kindle unlimited, which might help :)

This is the synopsis:

Alex's Checklist:

Being targeted by a 'tangoed' psychopath: CHECK
Having a relationship life that currently sucks: CHECK
Experiencing an Awakening: CHECK. Wait...what?

Before Alexandra Raven’s AWAKENING, her life could be summed up in one word – repetitive. Then, boom. In a pivotal moment, Alex finds out that she can control the element of water – something that she once thought was fictional and can’t believe her luck. However, is this gift a blessing or a curse? Alex is required to leave her old life behind, including her family and David - the boy who promised to stick by her no matter what. What’s more, danger lurks in another dimension. This danger can only be destroyed through loyalty, perseverance and friendship and will turn Alex’s life, in more ways than one, upside down...

Here is the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakening-VI...

Many thanks,

Adele

message 9: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin Adele wrote: "Hi Melina,

I wondered if you would be at all interested in reviewing the first novel in my YA Fantasy series - Awakening. You can currently find it on Amazon in ebook format and it is part of kind..."

Hi! I have a few to read first, but I have added your book to my kindle, ready to read asap :)

message 10: by Adele (new)

Adele Rose (adelerose) | 7 comments M.M. wrote: "Adele wrote: "Hi Melina,

I wondered if you would be at all interested in reviewing the first novel in my YA Fantasy series - Awakening. You can currently find it on Amazon in ebook format and it i..."

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing your review :)

message 11: by Grady (new)

Grady Brown | 19 comments Synopsis: "Numen Magnus is heir to the castle of Magnus Keep, but has everything taken from him by a barbaric king. With his home destroyed and family murdered, Numen must fight to survive in the uncharted wilderness of Umbran. Along his journey, Numen discovers something significant about his heritage and seeks to turn his enemies to ash. Numen the Slayer is a fantasy underdog story where one young man can decide the fate of a kingdom. The Gold Phoenix rises!"

I would be interested in having my latest book, Numen the Slayer, reviewed. I can provide a PDF file of the book for reviewing. If you are interested, here is my email: brown.grady@gmail.com

Numen the Slayer (Magnus Dynasty Saga #1) by Grady P. Brown