What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Male Sniper or spy (CIA) protect a little girl who was tagging along with him while he was on a mission. Modern day. Cover: red & black, (sniper's) crosshair. Read 1998-2002.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (last edited Dec 25, 2017 07:06PM) (new)

Adam | 2 comments My sister and I have been trying to figure out this book for a while. She says I let her read it back when I was in high school so 1998-2002. I dont remember it at all and her memory is foggy to say the least. She believes it took place in the USA or Russia. She cant remember for certain, but feels that the little girl had some skills in her own right. She believes that he had a mission outside of protecting the young girl and that she was maybe just tagging along and ended up having to protect her.

We hope with the time frame of when it was read and the cover being Red and Black with a cross hair on it, one of you may have a clue as we certainly do not lol. If she remembers anything else, will update accordingly.

Thanks for the help!

Joshua (ithildins) (ithildins) | 10 comments Sounds like the plot to Man on Fire by A J Quinell

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Adam, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam | 2 comments A bump from many years ago. Still havent been able to figure this out.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Adam, did you eliminate the 1980 adult thriller Man on Fire by A.J. Quinnell - Joshua's suggestion? There are different cover images.

Wikipedia's plot summary - with Spoilers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_on_...

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
What's the genre (which we need to add to the header/ topic title) - e.g., for adults, teens or kids? thriller, spy, etc. novel?

Is the man related to the little girl? Why is she tagging along? Who and where are her parents?

message 7: by JE (new)

JE | 60 comments David Baldacci has a similar sounding book I read a while back. Might be it

message 8: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1859 comments David Baldacci for JE's suggestion (possibly The Innocent).