Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Truly, Madly, Guilty - Liane Moriarty- 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments If you havent noticed, I am a Liane Moriarty fan.

This is the 3rd book of hers that I read and I love the style. This books also jumps back and forth between future and past events but done so in a way to leave you in the dark. Little hints are given to lead you down a particular path, the BAM! plot twist.

The story follows 3 couples, both in the events leading up to a BBQ, and after this BBQ where something did not go very well.

Ya'll will probably get tired to me saying this. The book is about ordinary life. I feel like I could fit into these peoples lives. I feel like I know them in my own life, character similar to the fictional personalities. The parents take care of the kids, talk about mundane things and take care or normal everyday life events, but LIane Moriarty portrays these in such an interesting and engaging way. Then of course, the story tugs at your heart and hits you deeply, especially if you are a parent.

4 stars all the way.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8524 comments I liked this one too. It wasn't my favorite of hers, but it did have a quality that tugged at my heartstrings. And I agree, she nailed something incredibly important about the tugs of being a parent. I am reflecting on my own review written over a year ago, and I believe I said something quite similar about truly understanding the very deep notions around parenting and how much I could relate.

message 3: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2223 comments This was my first of hers and I enjoyed it very much. She's on my list of authors to follow now.

message 4: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2328 comments I've just got "Big Little Lies" (having loved the TV series) and I'm seeing this book everywhere at the moment so it's probably going to be not too far behind!

message 5: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I liked this book, but overall it was my least favorite of the books of hers I have read. I actually figured out what was going to happen and that probably lead to my general disappointment with the story.

message 6: by Crumb (new)

Crumb | 159 comments I liked this book.. but not as much as Big Little Lies.