Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Reviews by Reviewer > Looking for books to review

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.M. (last edited Jan 11, 2018 04:27AM) (new)

M.M. Wedin Hi there,

I'm launching a review section on my author website/blog and am now looking for books to read in the horror/mystery/thriller/suspense genre.

Preferably short-reads, like novelettes and novellas (but anything goes.)

The site currently gets a few thousand views a month, and this will continue to increase. (www.melinasvoice.com)

EDIT: NO PDF's please, your book needs to be available on KU.

M. M. Wedin

message 2: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) | 75 comments Hi, M.M.!
I'd love to get a review although my current book (The Brede Chronicles, Book One) with a dark romance. My original published crime thriller rights have returned to me but as of yet, I have not had time to devote to getting them re-released my own or with a new publisher. However I can send a pdf to you or loan a copy to you if you give me an address. The story is very low-tech fyi.

message 3: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin Hi P.I!
I'd be happy to look at it, as long as it is on goodreads.
Review requests can be sent to melinasvoicereviews@gmail.com :)

message 4: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) | 75 comments Just to let you know, there is swearing (F-bombs) and one sensual sex scene--not graphic & necessary to the plot. If that's okay, I'll send the pdf immediately!
Thanks,
Patti

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian Webb (brianqwebb) | 4 comments I have a short one that might interest you...it's scifi horror in the vein of H.P. Lovecraft, is short (28 pages) and is free on KU: Chien.

It's a short that I wrote to give myself the confidence to write my first book and shares some if it's world-building, even though the book is more technothriller.

message 6: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Wilson | 16 comments Hi M.M. I have a supernatural thriller/horror called Affinity's Window. You can check out my page on Goodreads. I'd love for you to give it a review. I have a pdf available to send you if you are interested. Thanks.

message 7: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin Douglas wrote: "Hi M.M. I have a supernatural thriller/horror called Affinity's Window. You can check out my page on Goodreads. I'd love for you to give it a review. I have a pdf available to send you if you are i..."

I'd be happy to read it! Sounds like it's right up my alley! Send me an email with the pdf to melinasvoicereviews@gmail.com :)

message 8: by M.V. (new)

M.V. Clark | 10 comments Hello M.M! I have a horror novel which covers the lives of a number of characters living through a zombie epidemic. It's an exciting, sad and hopefully ultimately hopeful story of how we keep alive our humanity in the face of adversity: The Splits. It's on good reads but has no reviews - please look At the reviews on amazon.co.uk to get more of an idea. It's had a really positive response so far. If this appeals i
Will be delighted to send you a PDF or hard copy, whatever you prefer.

Many kind regards M.V. Clark

message 9: by M.V. (new)

M.V. Clark | 10 comments Apols
For terrible post - on broken phone with child climbing on me!

message 10: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin M.V. wrote: "Hello M.M! I have a horror novel which covers the lives of a number of characters living through a zombie epidemic. It's an exciting, sad and hopefully ultimately hopeful story of how we keep alive..."

Hi M.V. Clark! It sounds like a great book, love zombie stories. You can send it as a pdf (although hardcopy sounds amazing, I am in Australia though, so might be a bit hard?) Up to you :)

melinasvoicereviews@gmail.com

message 11: by M.V. (new)

M.V. Clark | 10 comments Brilliant. I will email you a pdf - budget is a bit tight as you'd expect!
Thanks for your interest.

message 12: by Larry (last edited Dec 31, 2017 01:26PM) (new)

Larry Cockerham | 3 comments M.M. wrote: "Hi there,

I'm launching a review section on my author website/blog and am now looking for books to read in the horror/mystery/thriller/suspense genre.

Preferably short-reads, like novelettes and ..."

I have a new horror/thriller that is in both paperback and ebook format and would love a review. I can send a pdf. I think the ebook is listed at $0.99. It's a hair under 40,000 words and listed in Kindle Select and Goodreads.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077W8ZXHR

larrywcockerham@gmail.com

message 13: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Luttrell (lynl) | 10 comments M.M. wrote: "Hi there,

Hi Melina,
I am looking for reviewers for my book 'Drawing Danger'. It is a crime thriller/general fiction. I have PDF, e-pub or mobi files. It is not on Kindle unlimited, just Kindle. Thanks Lyn

Elizabeth O'Neill | 6 comments Hi, if you like you can review my book A BROKEN SHELL OF A MAN: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B... I can send you a PDF copy to your email address. I'm in no rush for the review.

message 15: by Neil (new)

Neil Kokemuller | 10 comments Hi M.M.,

Do you have interest in reviewing a book about digital marketing?

A Comprehensive Guide to Digital Marketing Strategy

M.M. wrote: "Hi there,

Elizabeth O'Neill | 6 comments I'm not into digital marketing, I wouldn't have a clue. If you like dark fiction, have a look at my two books, the first one is THE KILLING OF JOHN, JOHN AND JOHN, my second book is A BROKEN SHELL OF A MAN. If you are interested I can send you the amazon.co.uk links. The first book is in DOCX format the second book A BROKEN SHELL OF A MAN is in PDF format. I can send one or both to your email address. Don't worry if they aren't your cup of tea. Please let me know.

Elizabeth O'Neill | 6 comments THE KILLING OF JOHN, JOHN AND JOHN is the shorter novel. I see you like short-reads or novelettes. Looking forward to hearing from you.

message 18: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin Elizabeth O'Neill wrote: "THE KILLING OF JOHN, JOHN AND JOHN is the shorter novel. I see you like short-reads or novelettes. Looking forward to hearing from you."

Hi Elizabeth :)

Definately interested, please send me the links to amazon :)

message 19: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin Larry wrote: "M.M. wrote: "Hi there,

Preferably short-reads, like no..."

Larry, I have added your book to my library :)

Elizabeth O'Neill | 6 comments The amazon links to my books are, for THE KILLING OF JOHN, JOHN AND JOHN: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Killing-John...
The link to A BROKEN SHELL OF A MAN is: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...

message 21: by Larry (new)

Larry Cockerham | 3 comments M.M. wrote: "Larry wrote: "M.M. wrote: "Hi there,

Preferably short-..."

Thanks so much. I believe that you'll enjoy the read. It's a very fast paced novel. Of course, the story and characters are fictional, but all of the facts about Indonesia are factual.

message 22: by Roger (last edited Jan 08, 2018 05:44AM) (new)

Roger Cave | 12 comments MM

I have a couple of novellas I would love you to review, they're in the thriller genre, and should be free to download under KU.

Mongoose Variation, or as an alternative Lion's Jaw

Let me know if they're your sort of thing, and if you are willing to give one/either/both a go.

Thanks for the opportunity and opening the offer up. Please give me a shout if you want any more information.

message 23: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Keenan Hi MM,

A belated Happy New Year to you.

I have a Victorian ghost story available for review on KU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antiquity-Da...

Appreciate that you will probably be inundated with review requests, but if you have the time it would be AMAZING to have a review from you.

Thanks again, MM. Offers like this are invaluable.

Have a great Monday

Dan

message 24: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin UPDATE:

Hi all, thanks for all the books :)
Just wanted to let you know that the books sent to me as a link to Amazon KU will easily be read first, as I have more time to read it on my kindle - as opposed to on my computer at home. So if you see that others have gotten a review, although you sent it first, this is probably the reason for it!

Elizabeth O'Neill | 6 comments My books are both on KU, I don't remember if I sent you a PDF or not?

message 26: by M.V. (new)

M.V. Clark | 10 comments I wish I'd sent you a paperback now... how much have you read? Is it too late? I can send it to you today!

message 27: by M.V. (new)

M.V. Clark | 10 comments PS not a problem by the way! I'm hugely grateful for your interest! But will send you a paperback if it's going to help. :) my email is mvclark@thesplitsarchive.com

message 28: by M.M. (new)

M.M. Wedin M.V. wrote: "PS not a problem by the way! I'm hugely grateful for your interest! But will send you a paperback if it's going to help. :) my email is mvclark@thesplitsarchive.com"

Sent you an email M.V :)

message 29: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Voss | 4 comments Hello! My book is on sale today for 99 CENTS and is on kindle unlimited. It's a modern love poetry book. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance and happy reading.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XC2L8YN

-Andrew

message 30: by Sharon (new)

Sharon McDonnell | 2 comments Hi M.M
My book is called In the Shadows, I would love it if you would review it for me. it is free to read with Kindle Unlimited ...Regards Sharon McDonnell

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shadows-Shar...

message 31: by Ruth (new)

Ruth G. | 4 comments M.M. wrote: "Hi there,

Hi Melina,

My novella, SIGHT UNSEEN IN THE CITY, is a fast paced intriguing read at 80 pages. It is available for .99. I hope you'll still consider giving it a review. Here's the Amazon link. I can send you the pdf. Good Luck with your latest writing endeavor. https://www.amazon.com/Sight-Unseen-C...
All the best,
Ruth
ruthzavitsanos@yahoo.com
ciaosummer.com

message 32: by Anita (new)

Anita Hardwood | 4 comments Hi, I am a new indie-author looking to make connections and get some reviews on my newest release, Experimental Pleasures. This is a novella available on KU, but I do have .mobi files available for anyone interested in sending their kindle address.

KU Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Blurb: Jess loves sex. She needs it. She's also very bored.

Jess is tired of the same old sex all the time. She needs excitement. She needs spontaneity. She needs a plan.

And then she thinks of it. 1001 nights of sex, never one the same, each one creative and filled with unimaginable pleasure. But can Jess really sleep with that many people? Can she really do this with no strings attached?

message 33: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Bolton (toni5000) | 1 comments Hello, I am looking to develop my connections and gain reviews for one romantic suspense/ crime novel. It is about a woman who is trying to escape an abusive past and find out who has tried to murder her aunt. There is romance, intrigue and suspense and twists and turns. It is free on KU or I can supply a PDF. Thanks.

message 34: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Job | 5 comments M.M. wrote: "Hi there,

Thank you for this...I am looking for a review for my novel Blinded By Beauty. Please let me know what you need.
https://www.amazon.com/Blinded-Beauty...

message 35: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Hall (goodreadscomraymondmhall) | 7 comments ok, so I have only recently joined and undestood that there is a hard and fierce rule re self promotion??

message 36: by Aneil (new)

Aneil Komal (aneilkomal) | 21 comments Hi!

The Guardian Angel by Aneil Komal

Please review my young adult fantasy novella, The Guardian Angel!

Link - https://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Angel...

Sixteen-year-old Aries has always dreamed of being someone extraordinary, following in the footsteps of his hero wrestler, Angel Guerrero. But as a timid, hesitant boy with, well… an underwhelming physique, he's never thought he could chase after his dreams.

That is, until he finds himself in an alternate universe where fire-breathing dragons soar in the skies, petrifying creatures rise from the ground, and the use of magic is normal. The biggest surprise for Aries, however, comes when he learns he was once a mystical hero known as the Guardian Angel.

His mission has always been to protect this magical world and the spirits who inhabit it, but now it is being threatened by a vile, cold-blooded, sadistic demon who seeks to dominate the universe.

Now it is on Aries to rediscover his past and regain his powers, but first he'll have to overcome his crippling doubts. Can he learn to believe in himself, his friends, and the magic that surrounds him—in time to save the realm before it is destroyed?"