2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Samantha's Two Books Per Week

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

After a few years of training I have reached my goal of 2 books/week this year. 104 books! I'm going to try to keep with the 104 books again this year. Being in grad school definitely helps with the reading time since it is literally my job.

I see in some of these threads people post like all the books they are planning to read in the year. I am not that prepared, but I will update as I go.

My additionally challenge for this year is that I want to post a review of at least 500 words for every book I read I would really appreciate if there were people who would read my reviews so I feel like they are actually helping some people!

-Samantha

message 2: by Malola (new)

Malola (the_queen_bee_malola) | 49 comments Samantha, add me, please, so I can check your reviews.
I'm so jealous. =P I'm still trying to reach 40 books per year. =P

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Samantha wrote: "After a few years of training I have reached my goal of 2 books/week this year. 104 books! I'm going to try to keep with the 104 books again this year. Being in grad school definitely helps with the reading time since it is literally my job.

Really impressive Samantha! Congratulations on reaching your goal and good luck with your goal in 2018!

I see in some of these threads people post like all the books they are planning to read in the year. I am not that prepared, but I will update as I go.

There are a lot of people who don’t make lists of what they want to read next year. They just pick up the book they feel like reading at the moment. So just do what works for you! :)

My additionally challenge for this year is that I want to post a review of at least 500 words for every book I read I would really appreciate if there were people who would read my reviews so I feel like they are actually helping some people! ."

Nice challenge! I am quite sure your reviews will be helping people decide what they do and do not want to read! :) If you post a link here to your reviews I think a lot of group members will check them out as well!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the support ^_^ I’m excited for the new year of books!

message 5: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Good luck with your goal in 2018, Samantha!
Not everyone plans out their year in books :) I'm a mood reader so it makes me feel too restricted to have everything planned out. Thankfully, we're all different :) You just gotta do whatever works for you :)

In regards of your reviews, I'm sure there are members that read them. I usually write my impressions more for my own sake than anything else but I did notice last year that people will stop by and read and comment :)

Anyways, I hope you have a great reading year in 2018!

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Hoping January was a great month for you!

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Samantha wrote: "Thanks for the support ^_^ I’m excited for the new year of books!"

How's it going so far Samantha?

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments April Showers bring May flowers I hope May brings lots of great reads and sunshine!