Reading 1001 discussion

Archives > Favorite Marilyn Monroe Movie

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 1248 comments Mod
Do you have a favorite Marilyn Monroe movie? Do tell.

Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 894 comments I think I have only seen Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 558 comments My all time favorite movie is Some Like it Hot, with my favorite quote: “Nobody’s perfect.”

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail (gailifer) | 1391 comments Agreed. Some Like It Hot

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Dix | 61 comments I like River of no Return with Robert Mitchum and Rory Calhoun. I like it because it’s a Western and also there’s a little boy in the movie and Marilyn is so good with kids in movies.

message 6: by Kai (new)

Kai Coates (southernbohemian) | 1 comments My favorite is Niagara because she is a femme fatale and not just a ditzy blonde, but Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is a close second.

message 7: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 282 comments I don’t know that I’ve ever seen one of her movies. I’ll have to check Netflix and see if I have any to watch.

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane  | 2044 comments I haven't seen one since I was a kid, so I can't really judge.

message 9: by Diane (new)

How to Marry a Millionaire is probably my favorite. I have seen several of her movies including Some Like it Hot, Seven Year Itch, There's No Business Like Show Business and Gentleman Prefer Blondes. I should probably watch one of her more dramatic roles like Niagara.

message 10: by Diane (new)

This book has also been made into a TV mini-series if you can find it. Looks like Netflix carries it but a long wait. Maybe they have one copy.

message 11: by Chili (new)

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 59 comments I’ve only seen two. Some Like It Hot and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. I liked Some Like It Hot the best.

message 12: by Pip (new)

Pip | 1411 comments It is so long since I've seen one of her movies it is hard to judge, but I remember The Misfits as being fascinating.

message 13: by Dree (new)

Dree | 243 comments I am not sure I have ever seen one! I am not really a movie watcher, I tend to fall asleep.

message 14: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 220 comments I'm not sure I've seen her in anything other than Some like it hot. I loved that one though.

message 15: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 282 comments I watched Some Like It Hot today and it’s quite funny. The older movies I used to watch weren’t quite so suggestive/racy, so that struck me. I also thought Marilyn was more natural than most of the actors.

message 16: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 4116 comments Mod
I have heard of some of these films but not sure that I’ve seen any of them.

message 17: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 282 comments I’ve since also watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes - wasn’t as fond of it.

message 18: by Book (new)

Book Wormy | 1993 comments Mod
I haven't seen any but I do intend to now