We are all in this together discussion

What is on your mind?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Kit (bookqueenkjlg) | 146 comments Mod
This is where you can say what is on your mind, or if you have something that you need to get off your chest. Do it here! You will not be judged. Anyone who will judge you will be kicked out.

message 2: by PARESH (new)

PARESH AJMERA (pareshpajmera) | 8 comments Hi Kitana,

Thanks for the invitation.

Humanity can progress only by communication with one another. Whenever anyone's sentiments are stifled or anyone's communication is not reciprocated to, the concerned person tends to get uncivilized.
So this group should serve as a model for allowing people to communicate and get back feedback from like minded people having similar feelings.
I have lot more to communicate, not at a personal level, but at the level of collective human thinking about issues that affect them in their day to day lives.
I will share these ideas as our group progresses.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2017 06:18AM) (new)

Morality is weird, like seriously weird. What seems right to one person can seem so wrong to another, there seems to be very few things in morality that is solid and true, with that being said what makes my opinion so much more important then another persons, say a serial killer's? I don't think what he is doing is right, as most people think, but why do our moral codes override his? Moral's also change as time passes, adding even more confusion, why did our morals change over time? What caused it? Honestly I am not the most Moral person, I am too curious to be, I like the darker area's of my brain, I like to know the darker aspects of humanity, I like to know how much a human can take, I never have done it, and I would feel bad about it, but with out consequences I probably would torture someone, just to see if I could break them, it is a horrible thing to say and I know afterwards I would feel bad for the person, that doesn't change the fact I would still do it I think, maybe I am too harsh on myself and have more restraint and morality then I think, but I don't know if that is true. Beyond that when talking about large numbers of people I don't know, I get very cold, very calculating, I play a numbers game, I don't see them as people at that point, when I do try, well I get a little overwhelmed to say the least and go back to all mind mode. I know some of you will think me a horrible person because of all this, and honestly I won't blame you, however I also learnt that this is who I am, and almost all of the negative stuff I just talked about is a part that leads to something good within me, I desire for knowledge and to share it, I can be logical and put my emotions aside easily, I can often sympathise with people far easier then most can and not get offended by different view points as easily as most I have seen. So call me a horrible person, if you wish, or find me interesting, I honestly am curious to see what people will think of this, so do what you will. If this seems ego stroking or a whole bunch of nonsense, I don't blame you, I just started writing and wrote what came to my head, so yeah it probably is a little bit of both

message 4: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 37 comments I've always gone out of my way to differentiate morality from ethics. Sure, the dictionary may tell us that these words are synonyms but whether morality tells us the difference from what is proper and improper (or more commonly know as right or wrong), I really like Paul and Elder's definition of ethics as the set of principles that determine what helps or harms sentient creatures. With these definitions, we can clearly see that although Morality may be up to interpretation and depends on the view of society, religion or laws....Ethics is above this subjective points of view. Ethics is a science which we can study and we can follow without falling prey to our personal points of view. If a set of actions and behaviors lead to the harm of a sentient creature than that set of actions are wrong according to Ethics. Sure, Morality may say that it is justified, for example if said sentient creatures are criminals in the Dark Ages, but Ethics would judge these actions as it would judge a serial killer.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Quemares wrote: "I've always gone out of my way to differentiate morality from ethics. Sure, the dictionary may tell us that these words are synonyms but whether morality tells us the difference from what is proper..."
Hmm even if you do consider that, it is a very basic view and leaves things unanswered, such as concepts such as justice

message 6: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 37 comments That's exactly the point. Ethics is a science, and as a science it must base itself on the simplest of terms that everyone can agree on to evolve into something more complex. What is Justice but a theory based on the basics of Ethics? Justice is how the study of ethics is administrated and carried out. Mathematics is the science of quantity, space and structure and it began with the most basic of subjects like numbers. By planting a base in which everyone can agree on, we opened the question and search of answers of all the things in life. Unlike sciences in the physical world, Ethics (and every other humanitarian science) are not as developed and there is still a huge research and investigation that must be carried out. The concept of Justice can only exist because Ethics bases itself on the simplest of terms. Divine Justice is a theoretical term of Ethics much like the Gran Unified Theory is of Physics.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Very interesting, and you are right

message 8: by PARESH (new)

PARESH AJMERA (pareshpajmera) | 8 comments Indeed morality is a perception that defers from person to person and can never be defined perfectly. To an individual, what he or she savors the most is his or her individual survival and such a survival reaches a peak when push comes to shove in this highly competing world. An individual forgets about morality whenever his or her survival is challenged or threatened by any means. So morality indirectly means "I want to survive first and then think about others' survival." Same is the case with a group of people who savor their survival first and form groups in the form of cultures, religions, geographies (cities, town, countries, etc.), communities, etc. So the basic nature of a human being wanting to survive is the same, whether it being survival on heaven, earth or hell. Having said that, civilization itself can be considered survival of us human beings despite natural disasters, alien attacks, relationship issues among ourselves, money and family problems, etc. So the key word is not morality but the method of survival each and every individual adopts to survive individually as well as an inter-dependent group.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Roberts (ohmissbeliever) | 18 comments Hey guys , I was thinking about how social networks effect our society today and i just want to get y'all opinion . I do have social network site such as instagram, Facebook , etc. , But the question we need to ask ourselves is are they effecting use physically and mentally or is that just a myth? I have noticed the way humans spend there time on them has taken over in our everyday lives , but is it really all that a bad ? What is y'all opinion ?

message 10: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Well, social networks do take up a lot of people's lives when they could be doing other more productive things. But, it can mentally help people.

message 11: by PARESH (new)

PARESH AJMERA (pareshpajmera) | 8 comments Sarah wrote: "Hey guys , I was thinking about how social networks effect our society today and i just want to get y'all opinion . I do have social network site such as instagram, Facebook , etc. , But the questi..."

Any technological dependence has its own advantages and disadvantages. A person who takes a holistic view (meaning how this dependence affects his or her total life span instead of just isolated incidents) can make technology his or her slave. Or else, you will become a slave to technology. If you want to discuss further, kindly let me know and we shall together find out ways and means in making technology a useful and convenient tool for our survival on earth.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Roberts (ohmissbeliever) | 18 comments I agree , it does haves it pros and cons , but i helps use in our day to day life so I think it is a big advantage for todays society.

message 13: by PARESH (new)

PARESH AJMERA (pareshpajmera) | 8 comments The world has become small thanks to technology. The need of the hour is to make it more and more civilized "despite" technological dependence and more and more evolutionary "due to" technological dependence. Once this happens, we can peacefully explore (not conquer) other unexplored regions of the world and also explore other worlds of the universe. For this, generalization of human identity is a must across all geographies, cultures, languages, etc of the world. This can work at micro levels like family and individual relationships and at macro levels like multi-national ones.

message 14: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Well, it isn't exactly a bad thing that the world has become small. It connects the people more. You can meet and talk to people who are across the world.

message 15: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments It goes both ways. It's actually beautiful to know that now people can connect more from all walks of life, different parts of the world. However, technology took it to an extreme and people became dependent. As beautiful as connecting with people all over the world is, there is no true effort in socializing anymore. If something goes wrong with one person's conversation you can simply block and disconnect, move on to the next one. In the real world, however, you'd be forced to get to know someone. Truly get to know someone, remember their birthday, their likes/dislikes. People no longer have to do that as technology will also be their 'mind'.

message 16: by PARESH (new)

PARESH AJMERA (pareshpajmera) | 8 comments Human nature is such that it is always about managing social groups, being in like-minded groups and sharing ideas only with like-minded people. All others are blocked due to technological convenience. But technology can never change basic human attitudes and it can only be a tool to connect with like-minded people, find out such like-mindedness in similar people, connect more and more with such people, etc. So in order to make technology work across people with visions of all kinds, it is important for any group to have a dedicated vision. Once such vision is found, technology itself surrenders and social bonding among members of the group takes precedence. This we are seeing on day-to-day basis on goodreads itself. So many of us have never met in personal life but still want to connect through technology with like-minded people out there.

Naofumi Iwatani (from The Rising of The Shield Hero) ☯ (ヅ) ꧁꧂✨ ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡   ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ (harleymoormann) | 84 comments I hate it whenever this girl on one of my reviews tries to kill herself.

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 16, 2018 12:59PM) (new)

flying puppies that shoot lazers out of their eyes and barf out rainbows ^w^

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Idk im watching SVTFOE and that's when i thought of that XD

message 21: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments People forget that this is a random board and you say whatever is on your mind, so Yuki, no need to feel weird or explain. Lol

message 22: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Harley there are more than one...

message 23: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments Wait, actually want to kill themselves or just expressing themselves in a metaphoric way? Either way, support is all you can offer.

message 24: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Kill themselves.

Naofumi Iwatani (from The Rising of The Shield Hero) ☯ (ヅ) ꧁꧂✨ ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡   ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ (harleymoormann) | 84 comments I know that you also want to kill yourself my little kitten, but not as much as her.

message 26: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Oh my gods! I wasn’t talking about me!

Naofumi Iwatani (from The Rising of The Shield Hero) ☯ (ヅ) ꧁꧂✨ ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡   ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ (harleymoormann) | 84 comments oh, you weren't? sorry babe

message 28: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

..........I hate it how hard it is to tell the people around you your feels when you need to.

message 29: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments Kitana wrote: "..........I hate it how hard it is to tell the people around you your feels when you need to."

That is exactly how I feel right now. That and hating to finally have the courage to say them only for them to be twisted around into something they're not.

message 30: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

I hate having to lie about everything being fine. Things are never fine for me. I just hate it. Hate lying and acting a certain way.

message 31: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Bạn không hiểu

message 32: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Don't even bother for the english for it. I'm not giving it.

message 33: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments Yeah, reached my breaking point. I had to curl into a ball and close my eyes from so much going on.
And Kitana, I did bother. And I want to understand

message 34: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Why does everyone know which language I was speaking!?!? UGH!! Now, I have to learn another language.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

._.

Im just sitting here as people speak about things i don't think i understand...

message 36: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments Kitana wrote: "Why does everyone know which language I was speaking!?!? UGH!! Now, I have to learn another language."
IT's not about knowing the language. It's called translation. Any language can be translated. If you didn't want anyone to know, it's best to not say it at all. Because saying it, despite it being not in english, means you are reaching out for someone to talk to you. Just as I was reaching for someone to talk to me otherwise I would have said it in spanish or arabic, both languages I know. But I didn't. And maybe, as much as it bothered you, you could have found a spark of a compliment towards you that some stranger took the time into translating what you said because she cared enough. But now, I'm not sure. Sorry I knew?

message 37: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

I'm sorry... I want to talk about it... But, I just don't know how. And, I just get so upset over some things.

message 38: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments No need to be sorry, I understand you said it out of whatever you are feeling. I catch myself being apathetic at times or subconsciously expressing my pain only to tell someone to fuck off.
But I am here, despite not knowing each other and maybe that is exactly what people need at times. Talking without knowing someone, no bond. Just flow of emotions and thoughts.
We can talk however you like.

message 39: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments Life has always been that but people always try and find solace in the small things. I've done that.
Tell me of your day, what happened today?

message 40: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

I have to go. I'll talk when I get back.

message 41: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments Sure thing. I'm here if you ever need to talk.

message 42: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Anyone online to chat??

message 43: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments I am. What's up?

message 44: by Kit, God Empress Kitana of Edenia (new)

Nothing much....

message 45: by PARESH (new)

PARESH AJMERA (pareshpajmera) | 8 comments Hi friends,

Humanity is age old and is always being packaged as different identities by different groups of people. Have you ever made an attempt to generalize human identity spread across the globe for a peaceful and happy life at individual levels? Only such a generalization can make you enjoy your own identity at any time, at any place, under any circumstances and among people of any kind.
My vision has always been that.

message 46: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (azulenee) | 40 comments PARESH wrote: "Hi friends,

Humanity is age old and is always being packaged as different identities by different groups of people. Have you ever made an attempt to generalize human identity spread across the glo..."

i agree with this to a degree.

message 47: by PARESH (new)

PARESH AJMERA (pareshpajmera) | 8 comments Emi E. wrote: "PARESH wrote: "Hi friends,

Humanity is age old and is always being packaged as different identities by different groups of people. Have you ever made an attempt to generalize human identity spread..."

So let us all make an attempt to restore the originality of human identity when it was first created. This can happen by more and more discussions about our natural desires and aspirations and a civilized attitude in attaining them. Not at all under the guise of hypocrisy and dominance.

message 48: by PARESH (new)

PARESH AJMERA (pareshpajmera) | 8 comments Hi friends,
Will ease of using machines (especially guns) take over human domination over machines on this planet? Will extremely new generations who have not yet started earning money lead us towards a non-violent world by creating a revolution of removing current commerce-dominated politics and purely commercially driven political parties? Will humanity ever become more civilized by behavioral changes of respecting human identity by counselling and social bonding and not by naked and crass industrial commercialization of every aspect of our lives like machines, medicines, education, religion, etc. ?

If the current mass shooting incident in US is a trigger for such a change, I request everyone to take this discussion forward.