What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Left Drowning (Left Drowning, #1)
This topic is about Left Drowning
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA Romance. A girl, broken after her parents died in a fire, meets an equally broken boy while in college. The boy is scarred from his past with an abusing father. The girl becomes part of his family, friends with his siblings. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anonymous (new)

Anonymous | 5 comments A girl, broken after her parents died in a fire, meets an equally broken boy while in college. The boy is scarred from his past with an abusing father. The girl becomes part of his family, friends with his siblings. They fall in love, and eventually realize they share a past.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Anonymous--when did you read this? What genre is it--romance, coming of age, literary fiction? What format did you read it in--dead tree, electrons, audio? How did you find it--review, recommendation for you, the cover/blurb on the back grabbed your attention?

You also need to put a little bit of a description into your thread header. Please read https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... to see what you need to include.

message 3: by Anonymous (new)

Anonymous | 5 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Anonymous--when did you read this? What genre is it--romance, coming of age, literary fiction? What format did you read it in--dead tree, electrons, audio? How did you find it--review, recommendati..."

Thanks for the advice. This book is a young adult romance novel. It is also a 2 book series. I read this 1 year ago. I read it online on rednovels.com. I found it through a friend. The part about the fire grabbed my interest.

message 4: by Anonymous (new)

Anonymous | 5 comments Some more info:

The girl and guy met each other in the same summerhouse where her parents died. She saw him working, and called to him. The boys dad who abused him was also the firefighter who rescued her. The girl was only able to save her brother from the fire, so she blames herself for not saving her parents too. Her brother never talks to her anymore. She also becomes best friends with the boys siblings, his 2 brothers and 1 sister. But just as everything gets good, the boy leaves her for another girl. She is devastated, and leaves him. (This is the end of book 1) sorry if there are any spoilers. I tried to add as much info as possible.

*Sorry if this post is too vague, this is my first time

message 5: by Juels (last edited Dec 26, 2017 11:36AM) (new)

Juels | 2424 comments Maybe Left Drowning by Jessica Park? There is a sequel; Restless Waters.

message 6: by Anonymous (new)

Anonymous | 5 comments Juels wrote: "Maybe Left Drowning by Jessica Park? There is a sequel; Restless Waters."

Yes that's the book! Thanks so much!

message 7: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2424 comments You're welcome.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34375 comments Mod
Glad you found your book Anonymous.

Added plot details to the topic header. This might help others looking for this book in the future.

message 9: by Anonymous (new)

Anonymous | 5 comments Thanks Kris! Yeah I probably should have done that.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Left Drowning (other topics)
Restless Waters (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jessica Park (other topics)