Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

What are you reading for Christmas?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2080 comments Mod
I just counted my Christmas books--eight of them. So I'm going to be reading cookbooks and "Call the Midwife" (based on the British National Health in its early days) that my daughter is obsessed with, and a gardening book, and a book about the start of ballet in America, and a very strange book on how things are made... the last with my son, who will I hope explain it to me.

I'm also reading some old Elizabeth Cadells. But that may stop soon. I hadn't realized just how much they reinforce female stereotypes.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1249 comments I'm currently reading my arc of Wallflower Most Wanted by Manda. Really enjoying it so far. I'm also listening to Devil in Winter. Rosalyn Landor is an amazing narrator for historical romance.

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
What a haul, Deb! I got two bookstore gift cards so I'll be in books for a long while! (Or a little considering how much I love books).

Thanks, Stacey! Hope you enjoy, but always know I'll harbor no hard feelings if you don't. ;)

I finished Christina Lauren's Roomies last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a totally improbable greencard marriage of convenience story so that the hero can star in heroine's uncles Broadway show. But it charmed me utterly.

message 4: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1153 comments I’m reading all the Maiden Lane books by Elizabeth Hoyt. I’ve missed so many (like the first 5 hahahha) I’m up to book 6 now!

Deb I will be interested to know about the ballet book!

X

message 5: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
Thanks for the review, Stacey! And thanks for overcoming your vicar angst :) For a couple more hot vicar books I recommend the one that got me over my own vicar angst, To Love and to Cherish by Patricia Gaffney and a later but much beloved read A Notorious Countess Confesses by Julie Ann Long.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1249 comments Manda wrote: "Thanks for the review, Stacey! And thanks for overcoming your vicar angst :) For a couple more hot vicar books I recommend the one that got me over my own vicar angst, [book:To Love and to Cherish|..."

Crack Up!! I knew going in it was going to be a tricky read but I'm glad that I got over my vicar angst and enjoyed your story. Thanks for the recs, I will definitely check them out. :-)

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I’m reading Cathy Maxwell’s new one “If I should ever love you” or something like that - not the best title