Jewish Book Carnival discussion

The American Deluge
This topic is about The American Deluge
AudioBook revives sales of Printed/E-books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Uri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uri Norwich | 21 comments RUSSIAN ELECTION MEDDLING!
The American Deluge” by Uri Norwich was released on December 7, 2017 as an Audio Book, produced and narrated by Paul Leonard.
The original novel had been released in 2014, but predicted that
"There are no coincidences! There are no twists of fate! And there is nothing that just happens…, without someone orchestrating the outcome!"
Reviews are pouring in
https://www.amazon.com/The-American-D...

message 2: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 4 comments Uri,
Congratulations on your successful audio book release and your great reviews. The book sounds fascinating. I would love to read/listen to it.
May I ask you for details about the audio production? My book is available only as an ebook or paperback at this time. I've looked into audio book promotion and it seems very costly. Can you give a little information about the process you used?
Thanks,
Hillary

message 3: by Uri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uri Norwich | 21 comments Dear Hillary,
Firstly, I thank you for your kind words.
To answer your question. As they say, there are thousands way to skin a cat... I will share my story, gladly.
So far, I've written three novels. The last one "A Sometimes Strange Story" had been published last January. Somehow, somewhere, someone had read it and contacted me with a consideration of producing an Audiobook and a possible movie.
I found it quite fascinating since I was not a full-time novelist and considered it as a hobby. In fact, I put on paper stories my friends have been asking me to share.
I started looking into it, and as you said, it appeared quite costly.

In my search, I "ran" into Audible.com.--a seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational programming on the Internet. It is also affiliated with Amazon.
They can offer different arrangements for your audiobook production. You can pay for it outright, or share in royalties with a producer/narrator.
If your book catches attention of a producer or producer/narrator,
you can negotiate a"no-upfront-cost," but royalties share in the future sales. You will be able to audition your potential narrators.

I suppose my two novels caught attention of actors. My first audiobook version of "A Sometimes Strange Story" was released in February of this year.
"The American Deluge" novel had been released as audiobook December 5, 2017 Although it had been released originally in 2014, the audiobook revived paper/ e-books editions sales.
It is also now under consideration for a TV drama espionage series due to "Russian Election Meddling" interest.

message 4: by Hillary (new)

Hillary Stern | 4 comments Uri wrote: "Dear Hillary,
Firstly, I thank you for your kind words.
To answer your question. As they say, there are thousands way to skin a cat... I will share my story, gladly.
So far, I've written three nove..."

Dear Uri,
Thank you so much for this information. You've been very, very helpful! My book is doing well in other forms, but people are constantly asking me if it is available as an audiobook. I didn't think I could afford it. But with the process you describe, I may be able to do just that.
I'm so impressed that you've done so well with your books! Good luck with the potential TV drama series. Your books have clearly turned out to be very timely and relevant.
Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.
Best,
Hillary