2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Petula's Challenge for 2018

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Petula (new)

Petula | 12 comments So my initial challenge for 2017 was 25 books. I read 36. my challenge for 2018 is 40. Let's see how close I can get. I truly envy the people who can read 100 books in a year. Maybe some day, lol.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Petula wrote: "... I truly envy the people who can read 100 books in a year. Maybe some day, lol."

Same here Petula!!
Wishing you good luck on your 40 books & above all, happy reading! May you find some gems along the way!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Good luck, Petula! :)

message 5: by Petula (new)

Petula | 12 comments 1 down. 49 to go, lol.

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Petula wrote: "1 down. 49 to go, lol."

49? Did you raise your goal to 50?

message 7: by Petula (new)

Petula | 12 comments I thought I had put 50. Lol. 2 down bit not sure it shows on goodreads since I read it before. I've been watching game of thrones and when I initially read the books there were only 3 out.

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Petula wrote: "I thought I had put 50. Lol. 2 down bit not sure it shows on goodreads since I read it before. I've been watching game of thrones and when I initially read the books there were only 3 out."

Yes, GR changed so it counts re-reads now, as long as you have 2 separate "dates finished (I see you have 2 books finished, so GR counted them).

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments You are doing great Petula. Do you like the show or do you prefer the books for Game of Thrones?

message 10: by Petula (new)

Petula | 12 comments I had read the first two books when they first came out way back when. I recently watched the entire seven seasons of Game of Thrones. Now I'm going back and reading all the books.

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments awesome!

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 13: by Petula (new)

Petula | 12 comments so I am at 5 out of 50. May not actually make it this year because a lot of stuff is going on. but that is not going to stop me from trying.

message 14: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Petula wrote: "so I am at 5 out of 50. May not actually make it this year because a lot of stuff is going on. but that is not going to stop me from trying."

That's the spirit Petula! Good luck!!

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3262 comments Petula wrote: "so I am at 5 out of 50. May not actually make it this year because a lot of stuff is going on. but that is not going to stop me from trying."

That's great, Petula! As long as you're enjoying the books you're reading, that's what really matters :)
Good luck and happy reading!

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 17: by Petula (new)

Petula | 12 comments I am sorry. I've been in the hospital for 30 days so I have not been able to update anything. I really haven't been reading then either. Hopefully add something new soon.

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Do not need to be sorry I was just checking on you. You feel better the books will be there when you are ready.

message 19: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May! You are doing great keep it up!