What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Past na Sněhurku
This topic is about Past na Sněhurku
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen/YA fiction. Girl sees someone being murdered from her window (?). Possibly a fantasy? Cover of my version: either red with an apple, or orange with a dagger. Read around 2012. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sabová Nikola | 3 comments Hey,
I'm trying to find a book I don't really remember much about. I think that the book started with a girl seeing from her window someone being murdered? And I think that someone came for her because she was in danger? Also it may have been a fantasy genre but I'm not 100% sure.
I read this book when I was 12-14? It was at my local library in a teen section. I remember the cover (which may differ in your country) it was either red with an apple or orange with a dagger ( the other would be for the second book by the same author which I completely forgot the plot of) :D

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriekemp) | 273 comments I did some searching for an orange book with a dagger and The Subtle Knife came up. Maybe it's something by Philip Pullman? What country did you read this book in? That might help.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments The story with a kid seeing a murder through a window sounds like The View From the Cherry Tree by Willo Davis Roberts...except that it's a boy main character, and the fruit is cherries (but they do look like apples on the cover I had). There's no sequel, but the author wrote a lot of other books. It's possible that they could have been packaged with similar themed covers.

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments The View From the Cherry Tree for Kelly's suggestion.

message 5: by Nikola (last edited Dec 27, 2017 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sabová Nikola | 3 comments Thank you for your guesses but it's neither of them. And the country is the Czech Republic

message 6: by Kris (last edited Dec 27, 2017 02:33PM) (new)

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35101 comments Mod
Nikola, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to edit it using the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Sabová Nikola | 3 comments Hey guys,
thanks for all your help... I had to know the title so I went to my hometown's little library and spent a while there looking for the book and lucky me I found it.
I mixed the plot and the cover - the plot I described was from the second book with a dagger on the cover.
Both of the books were written by Krystyna Kuhn, German author and I didn't find an English edition so it made it more difficult for you.
Past na Sněhurku by Krystyna Kuhn

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriekemp) | 273 comments The English version is called The Game: The Valley for book 1.

message 11: by El (new)

El | 502 comments The Game: The Valley for the English link