2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Laura's Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lfreaton (new)

lfreaton I would like to read 1 - 2 books month. I am also in an advanced training program in my field (psychiatry) so have homework (Ugh...) which demands but I still tend to sway towards fiction as a far better measure of my developing insight and compassion for patients than psychoanalytic papers anyway --- just saying. I am reading Kamila Shamsie's Home Fire currently but will be starting Picture of Dorian Gray next. Mixing it up (classics anyone? Mrs. Dalloway is on my shortlist this winter 2018) is my bag...fiction, mystery, even poetry. Looking to find anyone creating a book club/reading group here - the online option my only real opportunity since in real life I am simply booked up with work, kids and life.

message 2: by Petula (new)

Petula | 12 comments Happy Reading

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) lfreaton wrote: "I would like to read 1 - 2 books month. I am also in an advanced training program in my field (psychiatry) so have homework (Ugh...) which demands but I still tend to sway towards fiction as a far ..."

Welcome and good luck with your goal! Looking forward to seeing what you will be picking up. If you're looking to do some reading together and discussing your reads you might want to check out our monthly group and also the buddy reads! Happy reading!!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments Hi Laura,
In case you hand't noticed,The Picture of Dorian Gray is the January group reading if you want to join along in discussing it with other people :)
Like Susy mentioned, the Group Reads are a great way of discussing books with other members, and I've noticed that there are some classics that have already been suggested and planned throughout the course of 2018.

Best of luck with your goal! Happy reading :)

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) How is it going so far Laura?

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!