What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > romance - hero is romance book author (?) under pen name, he thinks heroine betrayed his secret so he breaks up with her

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mh44 (new)

Mh44 | 44 comments looking for book - contemporary - hero is romance author under a pen name ( i think) somehow he thinks heroine betrayed his secret so he breaks up with her - she ends up walking around without shoes on I think -

message 2: by Mh44 (new)

Mh44 | 44 comments I thought of a few more details - I believe he gave some big speech at a convention - saying bad things about her - or breaking up with her - she ended up walking around all day in the city - later when he is trying to make it up to her he is trying to come up with a grand gesture and I believe invites her group of friends or flies them to a resort to all come up with a plan

message 4: by Mh44 (new)

Mh44 | 44 comments It is not word play - but thanks for trying

message 5: by Mh44 (new)

Mh44 | 44 comments I am actually questioning if he was a romance author now - I am pretty sure he was hiding his real identity somehow and I think he was an author - because he was speaking at a convention -

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Mh44, around what year did you read this book?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny at times, etc.?

What's the location - country, region, big/small city?

message 7: by Mh44 (new)

Mh44 | 44 comments I read it within the last year - year and a half - but it could have been published before that - It was romantic - I don't remember it being too funny but could have had a bit of humor in it -

I think big city - other than the part where I think he flew her friends to an island or something like that - to plan a grand gesture to get her back

I believe the hero - was quite well to do -

message 8: by Charity (new)

Charity | 3 comments is it Exquisite Betrayal by A.M. Hargrove?

message 9: by Kris (new)

Exquisite Betrayal by A.M. Hargrove - Charity's suggestion

message 10: by Kris (new)

Charity's suggestion of Exquisite Betrayal seems to match your description. What do you think?

Some Goodreads reviewers say, "...[Ryland Thomas Sinclair] a male romance author that hides his identity and falls in love with one of his biggest blogger/promoters all while everyone thinks "R. T. Sinclair" is his twin sister who makes public appearances for him." | "She's headed off to Vegas with her blogging besties for a romance novel convention featuring her favorite author, R.T. Sinclair."

Here is the Amazon Look Inside preview - https://www.amazon.com/Exquisite-Betr...

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39248 comments Mod
Mh44, are you still looking for this or did you find it?