Lit CelebrAsian Book Club discussion

Book Suggestions > What are your holiday reads by Asian authors?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Glaiza (last edited Dec 24, 2017 06:46PM) (new)

Glaiza | 115 comments Mod

Currently reading: What are your holiday reads by Asian authors?

(Check out the book recs on Twitter too: https://twitter.com/LitCelebrAsian/st...)

message 2: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystalkavitajagoo) | 17 comments Finally 25% into Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng, and enjoying the book so far.

message 3: by Glaiza (new)

Krystal wrote: "Finally 25% into Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng, and enjoying the book so far."

My friend loved that book! I'm almost half through The Bloodprint and enjoying it too.

message 4: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystalkavitajagoo) | 17 comments I found it really captivating! Nice! I am excited to check out The Bloodprint as I have enjoyed her contemporary mystery work.

Glaiza wrote: "Krystal wrote: "Finally 25% into Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng, and enjoying the book so far."

My friend loved that book! I'm almost half through The Bloodprint and enjoyin..."

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie (3x5books) | 14 comments I‘m rereading Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan and I’m almost halfway through The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty.

message 6: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystalkavitajagoo) | 17 comments While I have heard great feedback about her book, just wanted to clarify that S.A. Chakraborty is not an Asian author, as she herself has clarified via Twitter.

Julie wrote: "I‘m rereading Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan and I’m almost halfway through The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty."

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie (3x5books) | 14 comments Oh. That’s what I get for not vetting before posting. It’s also on her ‘about’ page on her website.

message 8: by Glaiza (new)

Thanks for the clarification! Crazy Rich Asians is on my e-reader TBR. Looking forward to the film adaptation too!