What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fiction about twins: one dies and other is mistaken for her

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishae (new)

Mishae | 5 comments I read a book a long time ago that was about 2 identical female twins. One day, one twin slips on stepping stones in front of her sister and dies, but everyone thinks it was the live sister who died for some reason... So she ends up being her sister, or so i imagine. I don't remember 😆

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
How long ago was "a long time" Mishae--5 years, 10, 50? We have members of all ages, from MG up to 70's or 80's, so that phrase means different things to different people.

Why did the living sister decide to live as her dead sister? What genre was the story--literary fiction, suspense, mystery, gothic? Any memories of the cover? What format did you read the book in--dead tree, electrons, audio?

message 3: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 72 comments Deceptions by Judith Michael?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33427 comments Mod
Deceptions by Judith Michael - Stacy's suggestion

message 5: by Joshua (ithildins) (last edited Dec 25, 2017 06:22AM) (new)

Joshua (ithildins) (ithildins) | 10 comments The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

EDIT: nvm, this was a car accident

message 6: by Mishae (new)

Mishae | 5 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "How long ago was "a long time" Mishae--5 years, 10, 50? We have members of all ages, from MG up to 70's or 80's, so that phrase means different things to different people.

Why did the living sist..."

I'm not sure exactly how long ago, but probably not more than 10. I'm pretty sure it was dead tree and as for the rest...
I think she was forced to live as her sister because everyone was sure it was her who died (not sure why) and they thought she was just grieving when she insisted it wasn't.
The book was maybe set in Europe. It wasn't contemporary, they lived in a village/town and that's about all I remember.

message 7: by Mishae (new)

Mishae | 5 comments Stacy wrote: "Deceptions by Judith Michael?"

Nope, but this sounds pretty good!
I might give it a try :)
Thanks Stacy

message 8: by Mishae (new)

Mishae | 5 comments Joshua wrote: "The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2..."

Not this one either, thanks Joshua

message 9: by Kris (last edited Dec 25, 2017 07:12AM) (new)

Mishae, what's the genre or tone - for young adults (teens) or older adults, mystery, psychological thriller, romance, romantic suspense, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the heroine - her age, job/interests/skills, family/friends, personality, romantic interest, etc.?

message 10: by Mishae (new)

Mishae | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Mishae, what's the genre or tone - for young adults (teens) or older adults, mystery, psychological thriller, romance, romantic suspense, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the heroine - her age, jo..."

It would be young adult.
The heroine was probably mid to late teens, and I'm fairly sure there was a romantic interest.

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 851 comments
I don't know... when I read this I instantly thought of the movie, The Pretty One. Two identical sisters with completely different personalities get in a car accident and one dies but everyone believes the other sister died. So, Laurel and Audrey. Laurel made it, but everyone believes it was she who died, so Laurel becomes Audrey, who was the one who actually didn't make it. Cause just before the accident Laurel got her hair done to match her sister's. So they were at their most physically similar. Then Laurel steps into Audrey's life, taking over her place and her job and there is a romantic interest. So, worth a mention???

message 14: by Ghawig (new)

Ghawig | 4 comments Two Truths and a lie by Sara Shepard from the series the lying game?

message 15: by Kris (new)

Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard - Ghawig's suggestion

message 16: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Suderman | 12 comments Juels wrote: "Twins by Caroline B. Cooney?"

That was the first thing I thought of. I can't remember how she died though.

message 18: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
The Ice Twins, maybe?

message 19: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2401 comments Shelby wrote: "Juels wrote: "Twins by Caroline B. Cooney?"

That was the first thing I thought of. I can't remember how she died though."

A ski lift failure. The seat broke and she fell onto some rocks.

message 20: by Kris (new)

How old are the twin sisters when the accident happens?

Where are the girls when one "slips on stepping stones" (e.g., in a river, on a steep cliff, vacationing, near home)?

message 21: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Mishae, are you still looking for this or did you find it?