Granby Library's Girls Night Out Book Group discussion

Book Club Reads > The Lilac Girls

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hlijek (new)

Hlijek | 1 comments I am beginning to think I can't finish reading this book. After the doctor's first visit to Ravensbruck, I am having nightmares about it.

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Jedziniak | 3 comments I to am having a hard time reading this book. I keep on comparing what is going on in today's America and Hitler's Germany. I am continuing to read it although it's very slow going. Peggy Jedziniak

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephotogranger2) | 9 comments Mod
This is definitely a very heavy book but I think the character's are so likeable that it's worth it.

message 4: by Mckinzie (new)

Mckinzie Kandel | 3 comments I tore through this book in a few days and have continued my research into the Rabbits and Herta. Very much looking forward to the discussion.

message 5: by Mckinzie (new)

Mckinzie Kandel | 3 comments How was the discussion? I missed book club due to work travel but really wished I could have joined the discussion.

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Jedziniak | 3 comments It was a good group participation. I love the book group because of the different viewpoints each person expresses about the book. It did generated discussion about what is happening with racism and white supremacy in this country today. The question I asked was could Hiitler and his beliefs be alive and well in Washington DC. I am concerned that money is the motivating force and that was the motivating force for the Nazi's. Just my opinion.