2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Cheri's 24 Books for 2018 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments I love to read, and used to have so much time to do so. I haven't been reading nearly as much as I used to. I think I can manage 2 books a month.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Cheri wrote: "I love to read, and used to have so much time to do so. I haven't been reading nearly as much as I used to. I think I can manage 2 books a month."

Sounds doable Cheri. Wishing you the best of luck with your goal and above all, happy reading!!

message 3: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments Thank you so much. Happy reading and holidays to you.

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Cheri wrote: "Thank you so much. Happy reading and holidays to you."

Thank you Cheri! :)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments Hope you have great reading year in 2018!

message 7: by Cheri (last edited Feb 13, 2018 05:46PM) (new)

Cheri | 17 comments 2018 Running Tally
1. Death in Room 7 (Pine Lake Inn #1) by K.J. Emrick - Jan 1-Jan 6.
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling - Jan 7-Jan 10
3. Brain Damage A Juror's Tale by Paul Sanders - Jan 11-Jan 14
4. Sister of Silence (Appalachian Families #1) by Daleen Berry - Jan 14-Jan 23
5. Spiritual Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet by George Burke - completed Jan 23 forgot start date.
6. Hill of Secrets An Israeli Jewish mystery novel by Michal Hartstein - Jan 24-Jan 29
7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling - Jan 31-Feb 4
8. Maneater by Mary B. Morrison - Feb 4-Feb 5
9. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot - Feb 5-Feb 11
10. NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCES True Stories of going to Heaven True stories of Near Death Experiences by Rachel J. Hopkins - Feb 12-Feb 13

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hoping your first month was a success!

message 9: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments I actually got through 6 books. I'll update them at a later point.

message 10: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Cheri wrote: "I actually got through 6 books. I'll update them at a later point."

Wow! You'll reach your goal in no time! Will you be raising it?

message 11: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments I'm not going to raise it just yet. I just happened to have a slow start to the year that allowed more reading time. I may bump it up as I see how I'm progressing.

message 12: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments Susy wrote: "Cheri wrote: "I actually got through 6 books. I'll update them at a later point."

Wow! You'll reach your goal in no time! Will you be raising it?"

Cheri wrote: "I actually got through 6 books. I'll update them at a later point."

I left one of the books off because it was a very short read. So I'm going to read an additional one for the shortness of the book.

message 13: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments I updated my list in the comments above if anyone is interested.

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Awesome mixture of books.

message 15: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments Thank you Blagica. I just have a pure love of reading. I don't even have a favorite genre anymore.

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments That is the best way to be though means you just get lost in everything.

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 18: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments Blagica, can you link your challenge page in a comment? I'd love to peruse your list as well.

message 19: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments As of today I'm at a total of 18, 1 was extra short, books read so far.

75% done.

message 20: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Miller (movieandbooksgirl) You are going to do this by the end of this month at this rate!! I wonder how many you will get through by the end of the year

message 21: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments As of April 1st, I completed 24 books. My last book took 2 weeks or so due to the fact that I've been working a whole lot lately.

With 9 months, including April since it just started, I'll see if I can read another 18. Which would put me at a total of 42. I'll continue to update this feed for the ones that are following. I'll be making another post in the appropriate folder. Book list will be updated soon.

Happy reading to you all. If you can link your reading challenge so that I can follow along.

message 22: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments Disregard The new thread. I forgot this is a 1-50 folder.

message 23: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 24: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 25: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!

message 26: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments I've gotten so busy lately. I've been reading, but forgetting to update. I'm still here. Happy reading to all following my thread.

message 27: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Thank you and happy reading to you too Cheri!

message 28: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments You are on your way to having a great year in books! Do you have a book you still can't wait to read?

message 29: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments Nearly every one on my kindle. I have a few titles I'd like to get through.

message 30: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Good luck picking where to start

message 31: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 17 comments I just started a new book, My Voice: A physician's experience with throat cancer. It's a good read so far.