RWBY discussion

Beacon Academy Campus > Landing Platforms

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Xena1016 (new)

Xena1016 (ShyanneIamMOD) | 439 comments Mod

Beacon Academy's location necessitate the presence of landing zones which are used for various aircraft to bring people to and from the academy's grounds. Placed on the edges of a cliff which overlooks the City of Vale. This is where new students first step onto Campus.

message 2: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
A large private ship landed on one of the loading docks. It wasn't as big as a buss for a full group of students, but it was rather large for the one girl who stepped off the ship followed by a rather annoyed looking faunus carrying a large quantity of bags and suitcases for the rather extravagant looking girl in front of her who wasn't holding anything besides one incredibly long, and probably a weapon, case. "Well, let us find a place for you to drop my bags so you can return home soon," the girl chuckled back at the faunus who seemed to be a pro at pulling off a smile every time she was in Rione's site, but would soon turn back into a frown once she stopped looking.

message 3: by Xena1016 (new)

A common transport ship landed on an adjacent zone, several people departed the craft, one of them a young woman with dark brown hair and bright green eyes walked off with a large duffle bag slung over her shoulders and some swords hanging loosely off of the hilt at her hip.

She paused some distance off of the path near a large circular area and put her bag down to observe. Her first day at Beacon.

message 4: by Rock (last edited Dec 24, 2017 01:29PM) (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
"My, such a large tower," Riona said as she started walking, her reluctant Faunus following behind. The two started heading off towards the school until the faunus tripped and dropped all but one of the bags she was holding. A panicked look on her face as she scrambled to pick them back up. "Oh no! Not my tea set!" Riona gasped as she made no move to help the poor girl.

Pixie_Sky -- please check bio for explanation on why I am not on | 444 comments Mod
((Is everyone in their teams already or...?))

message 6: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
(Not if they just got here, lol.)

Pixie_Sky -- please check bio for explanation on why I am not on | 444 comments Mod
((Got it!))
two boys, almost exactly identical, watched the scene of bustling people from a far. They did not have much experience with any situation, they were actually homeschooled so interacting with kids their age was a bit weird. Either way, they watched the scene logically. “So Mavi, are you excited?” The more fashionable boy said to his twin Mavi.
“I’m a bit worried about pops...” he said looking around. “He is getting older and does not have many helpers on the farm...” a small smile appeared on his face. “But, other than that i am extremely excited.” Mavi adjusted his backpack before looking at his brother. “How about you Yahto?”
Yahto smiled, putting his hands in his pockets. “Of course i am!” He said as he started to walk again towards the crash.

message 8: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
“Oh my, did you step on a crack?” Riona asked as the Faunus started to run out ways to pick up the extra bags. With a few bags still on the ground Riona ginnaly moved to help, but only to stack the Faunus’ load even higher. “Well, show we go again? Let us move with care now!” Riona said, her faunus frowning when her master turned around.

((Is there an order or are we just posting as we go?))

message 10: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
((Lets go now and blame me if they get mad.))

((Okay!))

Mavi watched as his brother ran into he crowd, following him closely. He was shocked to see the woman on the ground and the blond girl standing over her. However, what concerned him more was the fact that his brother was seconds away from running straight into the blond girl. “Yahto!” He yelled as Yahto ran straight into the girl.
Yahto heard his brother call and quickly grabbed onto the girl’s hand to prevent her from falling any more. Magi then grabbed his brother, creating leverage, and preventing anyone from falling down and getting hurt.
“I’m sorry!” Yahto said.
“I’m sorry for my brother!” Mavi said at the same time.

message 12: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
Riona fell, almost hitting the ground before someone caught her. Taking a moment to recover she grunted before picking herself up. “Ph my, well. It is fine. Better you hit me than knock over my maid. Rather not break my tea set any more,” she chuckled as she removed herself from his grasp. Eyeing the strange twin pair.

“No, really. It is my fault.” Yahto said. “I should have been looking at where i was running.” A chuckle escaped his mouth as he out his hands into his pockets and looked at his brother. “Either way, nice to meet you! My name is Yahto and this is my twin brother Mavi! What’s your name?”
Mavi smiled. “A great way to meet friends” he chucked under his breath, before holding out his hand when his brother introduced him. “My name is Mavi, it’s a pleasure.”

message 14: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
Nodding back to them, Riona smiled as she stood up more properly. “I am Riona Adreana if the Blau family. It is a pleasure to meet you,” she said, giving a little bow to the twins. “Now tell me, do either of you two know where to drop of your belongings?” She asked.

The boys looked at each other, then at their belongings, and then at hers. “Nope.” They said together.
“Though it does not really effect us.” Mavi then mentioned, motioning to the small backpack on his back and the messenger bag on his brothers. “We are from a small farm, so we dont have really any belongings. However, i’m going to assume that you need to know.” He then motioned to her maid. “Is she okay?” He asked.

message 16: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
“I see, so there really are poor people here,” Riona said under her breath, an awkward look crossing her face before she was brought back to attention. “Oh no, she is fine. She has fetched more from me before, but I rather not keep her here all day. She is needed back at the manor as soon as able,” she assured them.

Mavi and Yahto looked at each other. Poor? Maybe, but they were not lacking anything so they did not understand what she was saying. “I say we carry out items to the grand hall and then see what we do with them.” Mavi said before Yahto cut him off.
“You know what? We can carry your stuff for you and she can get back to her normal job. I have a feeling she would be here for a while either way...”

message 18: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
Riona’s maid gave her a look as Riona chuckled awkwardly. “Oh no. I couldn’t hinder you like that. She is payed to assist after all,” she explained. Unaware they heard what she said.

Yahto and Mavi exchanged looks once again. Her treatment of her maid was normal, at least that is what they thought. Mavi shrugged and Yahto spoke up. “Okay then, we are going to head over now if you want to join us.”

((Shouldn’t we find a fourth member?))

message 20: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
“Yes, that would be for the best,” she said with a nod. A quick sigh of relief escaping her mouth as she turned to head farther into the school. The maid following behind as she cast quick glances at her master.

((I was thinking about leaving it open to Ilsa or Xena before putting another of my own.)

((Okay. How long should we wait?))

The boys lead the way, navigating through the crowd. At one point it go so thick that Mavi, the lighter of the two, climbed onto Yahto’s shoulders to see where they were going. “See any sign on where to go?” Yahto asked as he spun in circles.
“Everyone seems to be heading due east towards the large, medieval building. We should arrive, if calculations are correct in... 7 minutes if you follow my directions.” Mavi’s eyes started to glow faintly.
“Hey Reona! You better not get lost!” Yahto yelled. “Keep close, Mavi will get us there in no time!”

message 22: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
((I’d say a few days because xmas.)

message 23: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
“Do not worry, I shall not falter!” Riona said as she followed behind the two, almost forgetting her maid in the process, but the faunus was no pushover. Used to her master’s antics she kept a good pace with the group, even if she was carrying everything.

message 24: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 296 comments Mod
((Yo! Once approved, I'll jump in!))

((okay!))
"And start!" Mavi said. "start going in a 70 degree angle towards the left for 15 paces, then 40 degrees to the right for 20 paces..." mavi ranted on, with Yahto acting with perfect accuracy. Yahto was laughing all the way through as people stepped aside from the twin human tower and the rich girl (plus maid) following close behind.

message 26: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
Riona simply followed, unaware of the true angles she was supposed to go as she followed the conveniently tall boy tower as it headed towards there destination.

message 27: by Ilsa (new)

Ebony turned sideways, sliding from a public transport into the city of Beacon. She wasn't underwhelmed or overwhelmed. It was just another place. Hopefully, it was far enough away for a fresh start. Her long red wings brushed the steps of the transport as she stepped down, and she took hold of the small case with her weapon and few clothes stashed within. She almost emitted a force of repulsion. Those who poured out alongside her seemed to maintain a bubble of emptiness around the Faunus, who didn't seem to notice. She caught sight of Riona and the Faunus maid skittering behind her. So, this place wasn't so different as she'd thought it might be. "Disgusting," she scoffed, scowling at the creature. Unfortunately, the sight seemed to be perpetual, as they were both heading in the direction of the academy. How could people like that aspire to be hunters and huntresses? She hoped the girl would turn away before reaching the school.

message 28: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
((Are we moving or?))

((If you can post that would be great, i tried and did not know how to continue it))

message 30: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
“Oh my. There are some faunus here as well. Good for them,” Riona observed as she spotted a winged faunus nearby as they headed for the auditorium for the a quick talk of greeting from the higher ups of the school. “My lady please watch what you say,” the maid grunted from under the suitcases.

Yahot continued to carry Mavi, who continued to navigate through the crowd. “Come on! You are lagging behind! You can look at others in the auditorium!” Yahto yelled towards his new friend, if you could even call her a friend at this stage.
“Turn left at a 30 degree angle for three paces and then go back to where we originally were!” Mavi suddenly said, which made Yahto take a sudden turn.
“The movements must have changed...” yahto mumbled under his breath.

(I’ll be back in like 4 hours.)

message 32: by Ilsa (new)

"Good for them?" Ebony grimaced, glaring darkly at the two. "Is it that astonishing to see faunus existing?" She pointed a hand at the maid. "Are you trying to get to Beacon? How do you expect to succeed if you ask others to carry your own burdens?"

message 33: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
Riona paused, a but confused at to why the woman was angry with her comment. “I... I am simply applauding the faunus for taking up such a high task as huntress. I have not seen many of them in roles of other higher standards,” she said slowly, trying to choose her words carefully. “Ms. Riona,” the maid sighed again.

message 34: by Ilsa (new)

"Is it only natural, then?" she asked, voice still and emotionless, "That humans accept roles of power and control, while Faunus willing accept their roles as servants, submissive pawns, and victims?" Was this woman so ignorant as to believe that all Faunus had this opportunity, they just chose otherwise?

message 35: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
“No. I’m not saying funaus are unable to do this... only that it is harder for them to?” She tossed out, unsure of how to appease this strange faunus from yelling at her. The maid sighed and rolled her eyes, walking off in a different direction unbeknownst to Riona.

message 36: by Xena1016 (new)

((I have returned!))

message 37: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
((Hi!))

message 38: by Xena1016 (last edited Dec 24, 2017 08:22PM) (new)

Gale made her way toward a collection of people, she had seen a bit of scuffle earlier and came to see if she could help. She adjusted the grip on her duffle bag as she got over to the people. But the issue seemed to resolve, and then become something else as some faunus and a rather rich looking girl were having a spat.

"Excuse me." she chimed happily, smiling sweetly, trying to exude a sense of calm.

message 39: by Ilsa (new)

"Damn right it's harder," she grimaced, semi-appeased. "Not through any fault of their own," Ebony pointed out, sure that this girl just wanted to shut her up and continue bossing around the poor maid, who had fled the scene of the drama.

message 40: by Xena1016 (new)

(( So, Ilsa, Rock, Xena? ))

message 41: by Ilsa (new)

((And add Pixie in when she comes back. :D))

message 42: by Xena1016 (new)

(( that too! ))

message 43: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
“Don’t blame my kind because your people are soft,” Riona pouted under her breath. Glad to see someone coming over to hopefully mediate this girl she nodded to the new girl. “Hello,” she waved to the new girl, ignoring her prior comment.

message 44: by Xena1016 (new)

Gale nodded to the rich one and then looked to the Faunus girl and nodded to her as well.
"My name is Gale, Gale Locasta. Can I help any of you with anything?" she asked looking to the Faunus girl. Her wings were lovely.

message 45: by Ilsa (new)

That. Stupid. B*tch. Ebony had been about to go about her way without further lecturing of this woman. She had thought, perhaps, that this woman wasn't quite as bad as she'd appeared initially. However, that comment. That did it. That crossed a line. She would show this girl just how soft a Faunus was. With incredible speed, the Faunus girl whipped around, swinging a fist directly at the prim little nose of the snob, who seemed to have lost her luggage. Ebony hoped the Faunus maid dunked everything in a fountain and left it to rot.

She didn't even hear the introduction of Gale, who seemed to be the sort to just let things fester and rot, and never let anything actually be resolved. As long as there was no destruction, suppression was fine, wasn't it?

message 46: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
Riona was quick to respond, the only case she was carrying (confirmed in an earlier post) shot up between the Faunus' fist and her face. Blocking the blow directly but not fully keeping it from pushing back a bit into her face due to the sheer unwieldiness of a long case. "My word, attacking somebody out of the blue like that! Do you have no shame?" Rionna asked as she used the case to push Ebony away.

message 47: by Xena1016 (new)

Gale blinked, in shocked and quickly stepped between the two. One hand slapping the womans case and the other hoping to keep the Faunus as bay, Honestly Gale couldn't blame the Faunus girl, this other one was being obnoxious.

"Now now!" she barked her tone becoming more serious. "Thats enough!"

message 48: by Ilsa (new)

Ebony had never really known any good humans, and she didn't much care to give this human the benefit of the doubt, especially after words like that. She knew better than to take out her own weapon; it had no blunt edge for simply beating someone up; it was a deadly tool. Besides, this 'peacemaker' might be a fool, but she was an innocent fool, at least. She gave Gale an indignant, accusing glance, as if she was inconveniencing her by getting in the way of this confrontation, then redirected her attention to the other girl. "You have no right to speak about me, about my people, or about why you believe you deserve to be above Faunus!" She was going to create quite a scene, if she hadn't already. "Faunus are hard enough to carry your luggage, deal with your problems, do all of your work for you, and take the beatings you give them simply because you currently can. Maybe someday, you'll learn just how soft and vulnerable humans are. Someday soon." She wanted to lash out, to use her semblance, but she managed to get a hold on her reason. This trash wasn't worth the dust on her wings.

message 49: by Rock (new)

Rock | 211 comments Mod
"Did you cause a scene mistress? Your parents aren't going to like that," the faunus maid said as she returned to the scene with a luggage carrier with all of Riona's stuff on it. "What? I did no such thing! She attacked me first!" the rich little princess retorted. "And what did you say to her?" the maid asked, keeping a respectful tone for the one who paid her, but showing more annoyance as time went on. Riona paused for a moment, her voice getting low as she mumbled under her breath, "I guess what I said could be taken the wrong way." The faunus sighed, poking the girl hard on her shoulder like a scolding mother would. "I warned you to watch your tongue before you came here. People aren't going to like you if keep spouting out rude things about them. You are the to be head of the family, I would hope you would like to keep the family image as a kind one instead of one filled with jerks," the maid said as she continued to berate the young girl. At a closer inspection one could tell the faunus was rather old. Old enough to be a mother at the least, and one with keen incites on the rich might be able to predict this very faunus played a key role in raising the rich girl by how Riona shrinked back at the faunus berated her. "Y-yes Mrs. Felidae," Riona said, defeated by her own maid. Mrs. Felidae sighed. "There ,there, now down't go causing any more trouble for anyone, okay?" the maid said before turning to Ebony. "You'll have to forgive my mistress, she doesn't know any better," she whispered to the bird faunus before going back towards the docking area. "You'll have to take your bags from here on out Lady Riona, I must return back home immediately," she called out before disappearing into the crowd, leaving Riona to stand defeated after being lectured like a small child.

message 50: by Xena1016 (new)

"Unbelievable." breathed Gale lowering her arms and putting her hands on her hips and taking some steps back. "And we're suppose to be humanities best." she added looking up at Beacons great tower. Then she turned back to the two. "Ok, so....this is no way to start our first day at Beacon." she smiled and looked to the Faunus.

"We are here to become better, so, lets try this again." she extended her hand to the faunus. "My name is Gale Locasta, its nice to meet you."

« previous 1