2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Ronnie's Corner

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronnie (last edited Apr 10, 2018 10:34AM) (new)

Ronnie | 54 comments 2018 Book Goal: 39/75

1. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1) by Rachel Cohn Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
2. The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
3. The Long Walk by Richard Bachman The Long Walk by Richard Bachman / Stephen King
4. The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock
5. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
6. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
7. The Martian by Andy Weir The Martian by Andy Weir
8. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
9. Stiff The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
10. The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney The Girl Before by JP Delaney
11. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
12. Armada by Ernest Cline Armada by Earnest Cline
13. You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
14. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
15. Fire and Fury Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff
16. We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
17. Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Graceling by Kristin Cashore
18. China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians #2) by Kevin Kwan China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
19. Loyal Dissent Memoir of a Catholic Theologian by Charles E. Curran Loyal Dissent: Memoir of a Catholic Theologian by Charles E. Curran
20. More Than This by Patrick Ness More Than This by Patrick Ness
21. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
22. In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
23. The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1) by Katharine McGee The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
24. Emma by Jane Austen Emma by Jane Austen
25. The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
26. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2 (Harry Potter, #8) by John Tiffany Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany
27. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin
28. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
29. The Dinner by Herman Koch The Dinner by Herman Koch
30. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
31. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
32. Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan
33. Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple Today Will be Different by Maria Semple
34. Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
35. One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus by Karen M. McManus
36. Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi
37. The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
38. The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
39. Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

message 2: by Ronnie (last edited Apr 10, 2018 10:36AM) (new)

Ronnie | 54 comments A-Z CHALLENGE
Duration: January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018

Read a book for each letter of the alphabet. You can use ANY of the first letters of the main words in a title of a book (don't use words like "a", "the", "or", and "of").

18/26

A: The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
B: The Heart of Betrayal by Mary Pearson
C: China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
D: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
E: Emma by Jane Austen
F: Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff
G: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
H: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2 by John Tiffany
I: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
J:
K: The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearce
L: The Long Walk by Richard Bachman / Stephen King
M: The Martian by Andy Weir
N:
O: One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
P: The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
Q:
R: Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan
S: The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock
T: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
U: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
V:
W: We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
X:
Y: You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
Z:

message 3: by Ronnie (last edited Mar 10, 2018 06:09PM) (new)

Ronnie | 54 comments 2018 PopSugar Challenge: I'm in for 48

11/48

1. A book made into a movie you’ve already seen
2. True crime
3. The next book in a series you started: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
4. A book involving a heist
5. Nordic noir
6. A novel based on a real person
7. A book set in a country that fascinates you: China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
8. A book with a time of day in the title
9. A book about a villain or antihero: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
10. A book about death or grief: Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
11. A book with a female author who uses a male pseudonym
12. A book with an LGBTQ+ protagonist: We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
13. A book that is also a stage play or musical: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2 by John Tiffany
14. A book by an author of a different ethnicity than you
15. A book about feminism
16. A book about mental health
17. A book you borrowed or that was given to you as a gift
18. A book by two authors
19. A book about or involving a sport: You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott (sport: gymnastics)
20. A book by a local author
21. A book with your favorite color in the title
22. A book with alliteration in the title
23. A book about time travel
24. A book with a weather element in the title: A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George RR Martin
25. A book set at sea
26. A book with an animal in the title
27. A book set on a different planet: The Martian by Andy Weir
28. A book with song lyrics in the titles
29. A book about or set in Halloween
30. A book with characters who are twins
31. A book mentioned in another book
32. A book from a celebrity book club
33. A childhood classic you’ve never read
34. A book that’s published in 2018: Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff
35. A past Goodreads Choice Awards winner
36. A book set in the decade you were born
37. A book you meant to read in 2017 but didn’t get to
38. A book with an ugly cover: Loyal Dissent: Memoir of a Catholic Theologian by Charles E. Curran
39. A book that involves a bookstore or a library: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (bookstore: Strand)
40. You favorite prompt from the 2015, 2016, 2017 PopSugar Reading Challenges

Advanced
41. A bestseller from the year you graduated high school
42. A cyberpunk book
43. A book that was being read by a stranger in a public place
44. A book tied to your ancestry
45. A book with a fruit or vegetable in the title
46. An allegory
47. A book by an author with the same first or last name as you
48. A microhistory
49. A book about a problem facing society today
50. A book recommended by someone else taking the PopSugar Reading Challenge

message 4: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie | 54 comments 10 books completed! A small accomplishment, but I feel so proud :) When I joined goodreads this year and signed up for this club, I wasn't really sure that I would stick with it... I am so glad that I have so far, and thankful I have been able to rekindle my love of reading lately.

10 great books down, hopefully 65 more to go ;)

message 5: by Susy (last edited Jan 20, 2018 10:52PM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ronnie wrote: "10 books completed! A small accomplishment, but I feel so proud :) When I joined goodreads this year and signed up for this club, I wasn't really sure that I would stick with it... I am so glad tha..."

A small accomplishment?? Whatever gave you that idea? You should definitely be proud!
I’ve read 5 so far and that is a very big accomplishment for me!
You’re doing great Ronnie and I’m so happy for you that you’ve rekindled your love for reading!! Joining this group (and actively participating) did the same for me last year.
I’m sure you’ll manage the remaining 65 just fine! *rooting*